“Perfect”

Price range: US$29 - US$53
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Vermont
“Perfect”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My wife and I dined there for my 50th birthday celebration. I'll cherish the memories. The atmosphere is romantic and the food is divine.

3 Thank 50yoVermonter

Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

The Lime Tree was one of the nicest meals I ever had...the staff, the decor, the food and wine were fantastic...we were put at a table in the centre of the restaurant and as soon as a table was free we were moved to it..this was done with no hassle, no bother to the staff...nothing seems to bother them.....food magnificent, try the duck to start -beautiful...well done to the owner, chef and staff

2 Thank Munster14
Cork, Ireland
“Lovely food, very friendly”
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We were in the lime tree last week on a blustery cold evening. It was really lovely. The menu was good and the staff were efficient and friendly.

My husband had the mussels starter and I had the black pudding filo parcel. Both were very tasty. The mussels had been cleaned properly and checked over well, there were no closed ones. Nice big bowl of them too, good garlic cream broth, and the house bread was great. My black pudding filo parcel was very large, but that's no big complaint. The sauce with it was delicious too.

I had the hake main course and he had the beef. Both were great dishes, we had a lovely wine to go with them too. There was loads of room in the restaurant, big tables, never felt rushed, really good atmosphere. We'll be back.

1 Thank pwurple
NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent seafood!”
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We had a great meal at The Lime Tree. My boyfriend and I each had a dish with monkfish and chorizo risotto and it was amazing! We were still talking about how delicious it was the next day. Very nice, quiet atmosphere in the restaurant.

Stamford, CT
“Charming”
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Charming and cozy restaurant in a converted school house filled with local artwork for sale creates a beautiful and romantic setting. Then comes the food which is nothing short of stellar. The appetizers and desserts were the best we had in all of Ireland. You absoulutely can not miss the sampler of ice creams made on the premises. The main course was excellent too. I had seen some conversations about Lime Tree versus Packies and An Leath so we didn't make reservations and instead got there early enough that we figured we could look at menu's and decide. We found the Packies menu to be very limited and specialized and the space itself to be crowded and noisy. An Leath was closed for the evening. Regardless, there is no way either could have been any better than Lime Tree. Simply fantastic.