“OUTSTANDING VIEWS AND GRACIOUS HOSTS !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaminir B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenmare
Shaminir B&B
Ranked #58 of 63 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“OUTSTANDING VIEWS AND GRACIOUS HOSTS !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We only spent one night here, but wished we could have stayed longer. We had planned to be in Dingle the next night or we would have spent another day. The room we had on the main level was AWESOME !! The views of the water and island below were spectacular and the gardens surrounding the property were beautiful. The hosts, Tony and Joyce were very hospitable and accommodating and really made us feel welcome in their home. It also was convienently located to Kenmare with a great country atmosphere. We loved this BB and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Kenmare area!

Room Tip: If the room is available, try to get the room with a double bed overlooking the water and island. Go...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Beautiful home with spectacular views! The hosts were gracious and very helpful and hospitable.Very comfortable nights sleep as well as excellent breakfast! Thank-you,Tony and Joyce!

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Georgia S
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have stayed at Shaminir 5 times and it is the best B&B that I know.

I stayed in Ireland 7 times and at the 3rd trip it was the first time at Shaminir. I were with friends there, and it was a very friendly welcome as we arrived. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast is very delicious and the location is amazing. From the breakfast room you have a beautiful view over the Kenmare Bay. It have a pleasant atmosphere in the B&B. Thats the reason why I stayed there for so many times.

Joyce and Tony gave us many informations about the area and for things to do or to see.

I like Shaminir and I would come back in the future again. I have also suggest the B&B to my friends, and they also liked it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Paihia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

Thankyou Joyce for making our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. Even watching your new chooks and the deer that was in the front garden in the morning. Sorry we didn't meet Tony as he was on his way over to England but it was a pleasure meeting Joyce and the food was lovely. Sorry we could'nt stay longer but hopefully one day we will be back. Being in the B&B business our selves we know what it is like to sometimes be under preasure and not having much time or space to your self but we never felt that we were intruding. Thanks once again Joyce for being a caring host. Robyn and Peter Paihia New Zealand

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I would like to say I had the fantastic experience at this B&B. The owners where polite and where accommodating to all out requests. We had a great room and after a long journey to have a warm and friendly welcome is much required. Tony the owner and I had chats in the evening and I recently discover he and his lovely wife recently had there 40th in Dubai. They told us about there trip around the Far East. The hotel was very clean, tidy and warm. Food was great and the views from the hotel where amazing. I read a review on trip advisor about someone walking in there private area and drinking there wine. I feel that this was out of order and a invasion of privacy to this lovely couple. I had a great time and definitely recommend this Hotel. I was there for 4 nights I wish I had more time. Thank you for a great stay. I will be return again and again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Staines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

We had a lovely stay at Shaminir in Kenmare, shame about the weather. The view is wonderful and the hosts Joyce and Tony were very attentive to our requirements and in my opinion went above and beyond.

When we arrived, Joyce showed us to our room and provided us with guide books and brochures of the local area, which enabled us to plan our days out properly. Tony was friendly, and chatted to us about the local area, the golf courses and where to take the children.

Lovely people, fantastic setting, shame about the weather. I would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

We arrived at Shaminir after spending several hours traveling though the winding lanes of Co. Kerry but even that did not prepare us for the fantastic view from the lounge of Shaminir.

We were met by Joyce and Tony who showed us to our lovely room, which also had delightful views of their gardens - and after several hours enjoying the hospitality of Kenmare had possibly the best nights sleep ever.

To wake up to a traditional cooked breakfast, with that view again from the beautiful dining room. Bliss.

We will be back...