“Great place to stay in the southwest of Ireland” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arthur's Lodge Wood

Arthur's Lodge Wood
Ranked #35 of 63 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Bellingham, Washington
“Great place to stay in the southwest of Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I recently stayed at Arthur's Lodgewood for 4 nights with my husband and mother. This was my 3rd trip to Ireland and Arthur's Lodgewood is the nicest B&B I have stayed in. The bathrooms have plenty of hot water and provide shower gel, washcloths, soap and shampoo. There is air conditioning, but we didn't need it. House is beautiful, bed was comfortable, with beautiful linens. The breakfast was excellent, with a varied and flexible menu. Hosts Liz and Joe were friendly and helpful. There is adequate parking and it is easy to get in and out of the parking lot.
The house is within a few minutes walk of downtown Kenmare, which has several pubs with music in the evenings, good shopping (Glenaran and Quills), a harbor, ancient stone circle, a beautiful Catholic church. Kenmare is a good base for exploring the Southwest of Ireland. We made day trips to Mizen head, Killarney park, ring of Kerry, Dingle and Slea Head. I did not see any tour buses in Kenmare. Dingle was much more crowded with tourists and I am glad I chose to stay in Kenmare rather than Dingle. I hope to go back someday.
All rooms are upstairs, but my 82 year old mother was able to get up and down without problems, despite a bad knee. The house is set back from the Cork Road. A person with sensitive ears might notice the traffic. When we closed the window we didn't notice traffic noise. It never interrupted our sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lizgabay

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I just completed a wonderful stay at Arthur's Lodge Wood in Kenmare, Ireland. It was beyond all my expectations and I did not want to leave. Liz and Joe (great people) were wonderful ambassadors for their B&B, their community of Kenmare, and their country of Ireland. The rooms and bathrooms were great (beds comfortable and plenty of hot water for showers!), the breakfast was magical, and above all, the B&B was spotless. Joe and Liz graciously provided wonderful touring tips for the Kenmare, the Killarney National Forest, and the Ring of Kerry areas and their suggestions were right on target. Kenmare is a wonderful town and the B&B is just a short walk from the center of town. Each evening, we walked to town, enjoyed the shopping, the pubs (food and music), and of course, the friendly Irish people. Oh, and if you are into golf, wonderful golf courses are located in Kenmare as well. When I go back to Ireland, Arthur's Lodge Wood and Kenmare will be on my itinerary, yet again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at 5 different places on our recent tour of Ireland and this was hands-down the nicest place we stayed at and was a great value. There's even air-conditioning! The place was so spotless we took to removing our shoes before we came in because of the lovely carpeting. The shower had great water-pressure and temperature and even the towels smelled amazing. Breakfast was delicious and Liz was so nice! I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Kenmare.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Absolutely loved this B & B in Kenmare, took my boyfriend here for his birthday as a surprise....Liz & Joe were so nice & helpful, & they were both great for advising us on things to do around kenmare...they have loads of leaflets so you'll never have to look further for things to do. The B & B Itself was lovely, the rooms were so clean & spotless, we had a room with a 4 poster bed & air-conditioning & power shower so it was perfect. The breakfast was lovely & a great start to the day. The B & B is just a short walk into town, was lovely walking into town at night which had a great buzz. The restaurants & bars in Kenmare are excellent, brilliant food, great entertainment, live music during the day, it was very busy while we were there which created more of a buzz. I would like to thank Joe & Liz for a lovely & welcoming stay, my boyfriend really enjoyed his time in Kenmare, we'll definately be back, both to Kenmare & to this B&B!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Arthur's Lodge Wood in beautiful Kenmare. Liz and Joe are very nice and helpful. The breakfast was delicious - my favorite was the scrambled eggs and salmon. The room was spotless with very high quality amenities. The B&B was located just a short walk from town. I would definitely recommend a stay at this lovely B&B.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Good location only a short walk from town, near the golf course. Warm welcome from the owner with a cup of tea and snacks.

Room was to a very high standard with luxury bedding and complimentary water. Breakfast was also top notch. I've no hesitation in recommending this B&B.

Free Wifi available.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This B&B was really lovely and the owner Liz is really nice and helpful. Our room was large and spotless. We had a lovely comfortable 4 poster bed which was a nice treat. Breakfasts are lovely and although you can have a traditional full Irish if thats your thing, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, porridge and pancakes are also on offer. Only downside was no kettle in our room but anyway Liz offered us tea when we arrived. We would totally recommend this B&B

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple