“Second time as good as the first.”

Arthur's Lodge Wood
Ranked #24 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our second trip to Arthur's Lodge Wood and is was great. Joe and Liz were excellent host. Their home was warm and inviting. Joe was a great tour guide and helping us get around Kenmare. I hope I get chance to write a third review on the one the best B&B's in Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JayClinton

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this B&B, and by reading through the prior reviews, the reviewers got everything right. My wife and I were planning on spending a few nights in the Kemare area but we did not have any reservations. We stopped at one B&B that had been mentioned in a travel book. They were booked but recommended Arthur's Lodge Wood to us. We were warmly greeted by Liz amd made to feel at home right away. Her husband Joe makes a magnificent breakfast, and is an enthusiastic provider of travel advice. I can't agree more with all the other reviewer comments regarding the hospitality, comfort, surroundings, food and all other things (Ex. water pressure). It was a pure pleasure to stay there and we will always remember the warm hospitality of Liz and Joe. To any other person reading my review and contemplating a trip to Kenmare, I highly recommend staying here of course, but also any of the other B&B establishments on the same road. That way, you have a place to park and you can easily walk to town. Plus you have a truly beautiful and serene setting. Thank you again Liz and Joe for a wonderful stay. All the best.

Stephen and Lauren Hatcher

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 919Lauren55
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here in August of 2010. I meant to write a review then, but never did and the fact that I never did has been bothering me. At the time I had chosen Arthur's Wood Lodge because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. At that time there were only 5 reviews, but they were all rated as fives. Despite the small number of reviews, we decided to take a chance and book there. We were so glad we did. The accomodations were spotless and luxurious, the hosts were friendly, breakfasts were tasty and the location was a five minute walk into the heart of Kenmare. If we were to return to Ireland I would return here in a heartbeat. I recommend it to all those intending to visit the area. Without question, it was my favourite bed and breakfast during our 11 day tour of Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Class accomadation with a couple of minutes walk of Kenmare. Opposite Golf Club . Could not fault it . Fantastic bathroom with powre shower. Excellent breakfast . Beats any hotel. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

and the headline is correct,

Quiet sophistication, nice furnishing and a very nice and helpful "lady of the house" named Liz.. We spent 3 days with Liz and enjoyed our time at her home Immensely. Everything was perfect from the room through to breakfasts. My wife said it in one word on the day we arrived "beautiful".

House is in walking distance of the town which has many options in terms dining and "pub" entertainment. Also for you golfers right next to the Kenmare golf club. Good location for visiting both "rings".

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place was perfect! It was in a great central location, right outside of town. Easy 5 min walk. Our room was spotless clean and no weird smells in the bedroom! Breakfast was great. Price was totally fair. Liz was oh so sweet and helpful with any of our questions. And the best part...there was A/C in our room!!!! The small luxuries that can really help make a trip better! We went during the hottest time of the year and Ireland had been breaking record temps, so having an A/C, especially when sleeping was such a treat! If we ever make it back to Kenmare again, we absolutely will be staying at Arthur's Lodge Wood.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is much nicer than it may appear in photos, this B&B is nicely refurbished, looking really new and spotless. Amazing breakfast also. Liz was very kind and we have returned to this place multiple times. Location is perfect, minutes walk to all the restaurants etc.

Room Tip: 4 poster bed is fab , but all romms are really nice