“On a weekend away bridging business trips in Ireland”
Review of Park Hotel Kenmare

Park Hotel Kenmare
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Austin, Texas
“On a weekend away bridging business trips in Ireland”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Welcome Lady Mary, or maybe her lesser known sister. Lovely and quaint -grand old hotel in a lovely town. Antiques galore, including the bathroom, but the spa is lovely and modern, and the dinner: oh my oh my. Have it. Amazingly good and delivered just so well.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
tipperary
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The memories of the hotel stay is of the staff, who are excellent, with a natural Kerry way about them. Everything is done to enhance your stay. Had a lovely room, would have liked a seperate shower, not one in the bath. Meals were very nice, Spa and massage was really top class, the events aroung the spa were not great, would have liked to have had a Yoga class, but the Yoga teacher was away, and only does mid week. It would have been nice to have had the list of events sent to an email address before arriving. However, we did the Saturday morning hike on the old road from Killarney to Kenmare, this was just spectacular, the depth of knowledge and love of the area from our guide(the barman) was outstanding. A basic level of fitness is needed for this, but, if you can, do take in this hike.
Overall a lovely break.

Room Tip: Book the infinity spa early and enjoy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tipptoptravel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We'd room 318, gorgeous view! Furnitures in the room do look a bit tired. Love the towel rail - very hot though. Wifi can be a bit spotty. Great lap pool and a small gym. You can get the front desk to open the gym for you earlier as gym and pool only starts at 8am.

Great masseur and the jacuzzi in the spa is heaven!
However, if you've difficulty climbing stairs, then you can't visit the spa or the pool. You've to climb up and down series of flights before reaching The Spa. After the spa, you're all relax but you've to go through another series of stairs just to get back to your room. ;)

Breakfast starts at 730am, very good service but main selection is pretty limited.
Dinner is very good although if you order the steak, you can either only have rare or Medium. You can't have medium rare! ;(

I was not impressed by the turn down or the room service as bathroom is not thoroughly clean and on both days forget to bring us the hand towels!

1 Thank SuperShan1
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Myself, my husband and our two little girls are just back from a 5 night trip to Kenmare. We stayed in another hotel but we sampled many of the restaurants and coffee shops Kenmare has to offer. One of the nicest days was the afternoon we spent in the Park Hotel Kenmare, we had lunch there and the staff, food, welcome, grounds and facilities were second to none we have experienced anywhere on our travels. We even witnessed a send off from one of the famous Brennan brothers when some guests were leaving. We got to relax in the grounds with our two little girls playing hide and seek under the shade of the trees before our lunch, our visit here made our holiday!!! Thank you Park Hotel Kenmare!

2 Thank audmk
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the gorgeous Park Hotel Kenmare. My husband and I were traveling with our 3 young adult children. Booked for 2 nights but couldn't bear to leave! Ended up staying for 3 nights....wish I had a week there! The hotel is lovely, a grand dame from the 1890s. Antique filled, warm and inviting, with large and lovely rooms. The service is excellent and seems to know what you desire before you even ask! Everyone is so friendly, and the public rooms and dining areas are so beautiful. And oh the food- every meal delicious and gorgeous presentation. The grounds are endless with views and walking paths that go on and on. Plus the best spa I have ever been too...the treatments, the infinity pool, and the 'recovery' room are all set in the forest looking out on the bay. Heaven! And probably the best part is the staff, starting with Manager Rory O'Sullivan....a wonderful person that makes you feel very special (as all the staff does). When can I return??? (and Kenmare is a perfect base for this beautiful part of Ireland, rather than nearby Killarney which is full of tour buses.)

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room with a view out to the bay.
3 Thank KweenKayo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent three nights here in June. The location is second-to-none, and the grounds and facilities are generally outstanding. I do have a couple of quibbles. First, with respect to facilities: I overheard one of the staff telling another guest that the hotel had seen severe rainstorms earlier in the year, and that they found the building leaking in places where leaks had never been seen before. My room showed some evidence of this, with wallpaper beginning to peel in places, and one or two small water stains on the ceiling. Unrelated to the water-intrusion issue, I found the décor of the bathroom to be a bit dated. My second quibble relates to service. The service, when provided, was perfectly gracious. The front desk was exceptional in recommending and helping to book activities. But on several occasions, I was hoping for a drink before dinner, swung by the bar, and found no one tending it. In fact, throughout my whole stay I never saw anyone behind the bar. I don't mean to focus on the negatives; because my experience was, on the whole, wonderful. And maintaining such an old building is, I'm sure, a Sisyphean endeavor. I would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel. But I can't quite bring myself to give it a five star rating.

3 Thank Daniel M
Rainbow, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We would not have even considered a 5 star resort except that it was so peaceful and beautiful we splurged and had the best time, albeit for one night. We were treated to what I would have to describe as the best room in the place, dead center and on the top floor offering us the most beautiful view of the Kenmare River and the manicured lawns and gardens. The service was impeccable and the breakfast delightful. Once again we had the best seats in the house and when we mentioned that the coffee was a bit weak, they quickly brought a pot with a more robust blend. They even washed our car windshield so we could have a better view of the Irish countryside. You only live once and this was worth experiencing!

Room Tip: We were given Room #308 and it was the most perfect suite with the best views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wwubbly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,337 reviews

Been to Park Hotel Kenmare? Share your experiences!