“Wonderful experience having lunch in park hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hotel Kenmare

Park Hotel Kenmare
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
killarney
“Wonderful experience having lunch in park hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had lunch in the park hotel july 31st, it was a lovely relaxing experience, food/service/staff friendliness was excellent. Lovely gardens, sorry we did not meet Francis staff member said he not there that day, beautifull views from outdoor terrace area...

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank lilabren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Enjoyed my recent stay at the elegant Park Hotel. Great location near the fun town of Kenmare and within walking distance to the shops. Great service in the restaurant. No A/C and it was a bit warm the nights we stayed. My wife enjoyed the gorgeous spa. They have a really neat stainless steel indoor pool. Never saw anything like that before. They have a very nice bar downstairs. The only downside was that we had a room that had a bathroom which was carpeted. It was a bit skeevy, but it certainly didn't really detract from our enjoyable stay at this gorgeous hotel.

1 Thank MLSMD
wicklow,ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently stayed for two night break. The location of the hotel in Kenmare and the views from the rear terrace are just two of the features that make this a must stay place. We were particularly impressed by the friendliness of the staff. We were lucky to be welcomed by John Brennan and found him to be every bit as charming as he appears on TV. However all the staff were just wonderful and really made an effort.

Room Tip: Ask for any room at the rear of the hotel.
3 Thank avensis_9
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed several times in the Park Hotel. For us it definitely has a special charm and we love returning there for weekend breaks and special occasions.

Where to start! The location is second to none - picturesque setting with manicured gardens and Kenmare Bay to the rear and Kenmare golf club adjacent. The hotel is a 3 min walk from the main streets in Kenmare town which offer a host of cute shops and cafes to potter around. There are also several excellent restaurants and loads of good pubs - up there as one of my favourite towns.

The food in the Park is second to none. Well worth having a meal in the main restaurant..just excellent. Breakfast is also amazing.

The bar is cosy and has some of the best Guinness in Ireland.

Rooms are spacious and full of old world charm. Lovely views, comfortable beds...

All of this coupled with a great spa, pool facilities, tennis courts, organised walks...heaven!

The staff are what really make the Park a delight - always welcoming,friendly and accomodating. .They will go the extra mile and definitely give a 5 star service.

We could not recommend the Park enough.

Can't wait for our next stay!

• Stayed December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for three nights at this fabulous hotel. We stayed 218 a deluxe room overlooking the beautiful gardens.

The room was huge old world luxury I loved every mi ute here and am looking forward to returning very soon.
The staff were amazing so helpful and friendly and a really nice touch each night the windscreen of every car was cleaned so as to make driving safer.
The fine dining was worth every penny paid fabulous from start to finish.
The swimming pool is spotless .the spa facilities were outstanding. I had a body treatment and i would truly say it was one of the best I have ever had anywhere.
The gardens are fabulous and lot of activities for children also.
I would highly recover mend this hotel . I would also recommend Kenmare such a beautiful spot.

Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Huge fan of the Brennan brothers for their business acumen and expertise however so disappointing that I am writing a review that's is not favourable. I recently had lunch here with my mother sister and nephews aged 5&6. On arrival I asked for lunch menu that was hastily given to me by a rude staff member who snapped at the children to make sure and not go on the high stools as they were for adults only( he wasn't concerned in case the children fell) we proceeded to be seated ordered our lunch and had tea ....tea not poured for you which I'm surprised as after all it is a 5 star and usually in 5 stars this is done I mean come on you are paying for quality service. No children's menu was provided by the rude waiter so the children had to eat off the main menu!!! Food was fine nothing I'd get majorly excited about now but it was nice. The younger staff were very nice in fairness but not at all well trained need a bit more work. The decor and ambience poor I felt it's very run down and could do with a bit of love and affection. Anyway after all the location is lovely however my bug bear was with the rude waiter who after we had eaten we discovered there actually was a kids menu!! Moral of the story not friendly not 5 star standards but by god 5 star + prices.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Bogbaby
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Welcome Lady Mary, or maybe her lesser known sister. Lovely and quaint -grand old hotel in a lovely town. Antiques galore, including the bathroom, but the spa is lovely and modern, and the dinner: oh my oh my. Have it. Amazingly good and delivered just so well.

Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 39 in Killarney
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,316 reviews

Been to Park Hotel Kenmare? Share your experiences!