“The sound of Silence as the song goes....”
Review of Park Hotel Kenmare

Park Hotel Kenmare
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What I can I say that after many years I eventually took the plunge to stay with the famous Brennan brothers. While I booked on line and paid up front, I got a seriously excellent room which I thought was an upgrade until I explore the hotel the following morning. It was a super room, a little out of date bathroom but that was a only a slight personal view and not of Mrs H.who thought it was fine.
When you stay in a five star hotel you do expect service. Well The Park gives six star service and while we didn’t have dinner on the evening we arrived the breakfast was truly “one of the best” in Ireland.
The only problem now is that in future we will have to book the Park every time we stay in Kenmare. Why do I call it the sound of silence.....well the Brennan brothers have found a way of providing silence for free and I didn’t see any children with mouth gags !

Room Tip: Get a superior room if you can afford it. The view on the night of a full moon over the lagoon would...
1  Thank Leo H
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Kenmare

Reviewed 1 August 2014

If only we could have stayed longer! Stayed for 3 nights here recently with a newborn baby. The staff were so down to earth, so helpful, so professional and very impressive at what they do. Everyone seems to know you, your room number and what you're needs may be. We needed a quiet corner to eat in the Terrace restaurant on both nights we dined there as we were bringing the baby to dinner in a little seat we had brought and they were so accommodating. The food was very tasty and there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant also. The spa is very nice too and I wish I had more time to enjoy the outdoor vitality pool. There were some lovely touches throughout our stay that sets it apart from many hotels in Ireland. To experience true Irish hospitality and superb service I would recommend the Park Kenmare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LouLM
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had lunch in the park hotel july 31st, it was a lovely relaxing experience, food/service/staff friendliness was excellent. Lovely gardens, sorry we did not meet Francis staff member said he not there that day, beautifull views from outdoor terrace area...

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lilabren
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Enjoyed my recent stay at the elegant Park Hotel. Great location near the fun town of Kenmare and within walking distance to the shops. Great service in the restaurant. No A/C and it was a bit warm the nights we stayed. My wife enjoyed the gorgeous spa. They have a really neat stainless steel indoor pool. Never saw anything like that before. They have a very nice bar downstairs. The only downside was that we had a room that had a bathroom which was carpeted. It was a bit skeevy, but it certainly didn't really detract from our enjoyable stay at this gorgeous hotel.

1  Thank MLSMD
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently stayed for two night break. The location of the hotel in Kenmare and the views from the rear terrace are just two of the features that make this a must stay place. We were particularly impressed by the friendliness of the staff. We were lucky to be welcomed by John Brennan and found him to be every bit as charming as he appears on TV. However all the staff were just wonderful and really made an effort.

Room Tip: Ask for any room at the rear of the hotel.
3  Thank avensis_9
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed several times in the Park Hotel. For us it definitely has a special charm and we love returning there for weekend breaks and special occasions.

Where to start! The location is second to none - picturesque setting with manicured gardens and Kenmare Bay to the rear and Kenmare golf club adjacent. The hotel is a 3 min walk from the main streets in Kenmare town which offer a host of cute shops and cafes to potter around. There are also several excellent restaurants and loads of good pubs - up there as one of my favourite towns.

The food in the Park is second to none. Well worth having a meal in the main restaurant..just excellent. Breakfast is also amazing.

The bar is cosy and has some of the best Guinness in Ireland.

Rooms are spacious and full of old world charm. Lovely views, comfortable beds...

All of this coupled with a great spa, pool facilities, tennis courts, organised walks...heaven!

The staff are what really make the Park a delight - always welcoming,friendly and accomodating. .They will go the extra mile and definitely give a 5 star service.

We could not recommend the Park enough.

Can't wait for our next stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for three nights at this fabulous hotel. We stayed 218 a deluxe room overlooking the beautiful gardens.

The room was huge old world luxury I loved every mi ute here and am looking forward to returning very soon.
The staff were amazing so helpful and friendly and a really nice touch each night the windscreen of every car was cleaned so as to make driving safer.
The fine dining was worth every penny paid fabulous from start to finish.
The swimming pool is spotless .the spa facilities were outstanding. I had a body treatment and i would truly say it was one of the best I have ever had anywhere.
The gardens are fabulous and lot of activities for children also.
I would highly recover mend this hotel . I would also recommend Kenmare such a beautiful spot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
The Europe Hotel & Resort
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#10 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Park Hotel Kenmare? Share your experiences!