“fantastic time at eclipse”

Eclipse Centre Holiday Homes & Activity Centre
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in Kenmare over the easter holidays but each day travelled to the Eclipse Centre with our 2 daughters, aged 9 and 7. They attended the Easter kids camp the week after Easter and loved every second of it. The camp ran from 10-4 with lunch included. The morning concentrated on pony riding which they absolutely loved . They were helped by the great team of john , the stable manager and Chloe and JoJo. They were all so helpful and enthusiastic. The afternoon involved orienteering and exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside. The kids absolutely loved it and they were getting great exercise. We had given the children the option of doing other things on various days but they were insistent on attending the camp. When asked what would you give it out of 10 my dauhger replied 100!
They came home each day covered in mud so be prepared but they had the best time. Special mention has to go to Athos and Anita for their enthusiasm in setting out all the actvities for the kids and then helping them during those activities. They run a fantastic camp and we will most certainly be returning in the Summer and many times after that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend with my wife, and two kids, 4 and 2. The house we booked was very nice, modern and clean. I didn't realise when I booked it that it would be 17KM though from Kenmare - when you see Kenmare included in the address, you would kind of expect it to be closer. On the plus side my little girl loved her pony ride, we probably would have done a little more but it was just so cold. Ended up driving to Killarney for Day 2 instead. Would I recommend it - absolutely for groups of friends that want to do a lot of activities, for Families of young children, not so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CharliLimerick
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband and I traveled with another couple to Eclipse for a fabulous weekend of great fun and wonderful accommodation. Athos and his staff far exceeded our expectations with the activities. He knew exactly what chemistry would work between people, their levels of fitness and willingness for certain activities, and grouped us accordingly in order to make it the best experience possible for all. From horse riding, archery, and orienteering, we thoroughly enjoyed all regardless of the rainy, windy, weather conditions.
The accommodation is so conveniently right on site, spacious, modern, and comfortable for two separate couples. We'd recommend this adventure to families, couples, groups of singles...Thank you Athos and Anita. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A group of us are still buzzing from the great weekend we experienced at Eclipse recently.

Athos, and his friendly family and staff, make it a very fun and adventurous weekend.

The landscape is stunning, and the accommodation is modern, warm and nicely furnished.

The activities are varied and a lot of fun!

I highly recommend it! Oh and there is a put just down the road too....bonus points :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ColmTC
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A group of 19 of stayed at Eclipse last weekend and everyone has an absolute blast. On arrival the accomodation was FAR superior to anything we had previously imagined, with a fully fitted kitchen, beautiful living room with TV, music player etc. As many people commented, "This is better than my own house!". Athos welcomed us with open arms and a warm house which was a great start to the weekend.
On saturday we did a grand total of 4 activities; orienteering, the assault course, archery (some people did horse riding) and mud surfing. Our group was split in 2 which gave an edge of competitiveness to the day, and we were asked to come up with funny team names and team dances turned out to be a hilarious start to the day.
All of the Eclipse team were helpful, friendly and great fun to be around ensuring there wasn't a dull moment throughout the day. I would reccomend EVERYONE going here to do the assualt course...it really was one of the most fun activities have ever done! You're musles will ache the next day but it's totally worth it! Mud surfing is also an activity that, if you don't mind getting muddle, is brilliant fun... watching your mates struggling to run after a surf board being pulled by a quad is a pretty hilarious sight to behold!!
I really can't say enough good things about this place. everyone working here will go out of their way to ensure you have an amazing stay...whether you are a group of friends looking for a fun weekend away, a stag or hen party, or you are a tourist looking to for an Irish adventure..THIS is the place for you! You won't regret it!
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank quorky
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My 8 yr old Son and myself spent 5 days in a holiday home in Eclipse Ireland in April 2012. My brother and his 2 older kids and my Mother both followed 2 days later and stayed! We had a lovely warm welcome from Anita who runs Eclipse with her husband Athos. The craic was mighty and as it hadn't rained much the time we were there we did 'Dry Mud Surfing" !! Athos pulled you along on the surf board while he drove his Quad bike. It was so so hilarious watching everyone trying to hang on to the surf board!!! We also did the Assault Course. It was so funny trying to get up over the wall. We never laughed as much throughout our stay it was Brilliant! Thank you Anita & Athos for the wonderful time, we were very sad to leave. I had tears in my eyes leaving. We ate the large box of chocs on the way home,,,,,,afterall we won the bet!!! I hope Sparky(the horse my son fell in love with!!) is doing well. We will definately be back ;) You are the Best. You all made it so very special for all of us and that meant alot and we will always remember it. Orla & Matthew Conlon, Dublin

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Orla C
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We decided to put our buddy through his paces before he got married so this place was the obvious choice. As soon as we had arrived, Athos had us in stitches!! The banter was brilliant. We did the Archery and the Brain vs. Brawn Challenge... the assault course had us in pieces but it was the biggest laugh we've had on a lads trip anywhere. I'd highly recommend this place for a Stag weekend away!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends