“Made very welcome”

Price range: US$14 - US$61
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Foley's is a popular Kenmare town centre Bar/Restaurant, with accommodation, serving high quality traditional Irish Fayre with locally sourced seafood and home-grown ingredients. This popular local bar is the perfect spot for a quiet afternoon pint, settling in to watch the match, having a chat with the locals, a meeting point for friends or enjoying the great music. We are sure you will find a warm welcome with great service when you soak up the atmosphere by the open fires in this most traditional setting.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Whilst on holdiay in County Kerry we were walking down main street in Kenmare where decor of Foleys caught our eye. On entering we immediately made to feel very welcome by the barman. On ordering our drinks we were soon involved in conversation with the rest of customers around the bar. Having enjoyed our visit we returned the next day and ordered the seafood chowder which was excellent. Again asked by the locals at the bar on how we were enjoying our holiday. So if visiting Kenmare call in to Foleys.

patrick099, Owner at Foleys Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi the Jaunty, thanks for you review , the magic of the company of an Irish pub , John is a great bar man , plus the the locals know the best places to visit on your trip to the wet of Ireland, see you again soon

Reviewed 2 March 2014

NIce sitting on the bar or near the fire place, we enjoyed our Guinness and lamb stew :-)
We had a lovely evening with friends and surely we will come back to Foleys.

Hi LandsEinde
Thanks for you visit to our pub and restaurant and i am glad you enjoyed our real turf fire our great Guinness and our great home-cooked food, call again soon

Reviewed 1 March 2014

In the low season everyone had to fight for trade. Some do better than others. Having squirmed enough in a full O'Donnabháin's to the strains of so called traditional irish songs and having had enough of 'Dubbalin in de rare auld times' and worse I went looking for entertainment more to my liking. Across the road was Foleys and the strains of a familiar song reached my ears.

Henry Street in Kenmare is blessed with stylish buildings that grab the eye as you walk about. It is obvious that the townspeople invest in their properties as they clearly understand the business of doing business. It is in my opinion a superior town to Killarney though it has less of nature's bounty in its environs. The nicely finished stone front with an attractive colour scheme and signage of Foleys B&B and Bar had already caught my attention.

Inside is a large bar of a style that is now not so much in favour.When not full it looks empty if that is not too much of an oxymoron. The back of the bar was where a lone singer and his guitar were on stage entertaining a impassive group of tourists seated in an enclave. Valiantly trying to extract other than the courtesy applause the solo entertainer colourfully introduced songs and executed them very professionally. He continued to sound happy, smile a lot and try to provoke a response other than a clap at the end from the dower europeans.

I was enjoying the entertainer and feeling slightly uncomfortable at the dullness of the small audience. As I rose to go the the toilet, which was past the stage, the singer began a song that was one of my favourites. On an impulse I joined him on the stage and he surrendered the microphone to me. Could have sworn I saw a few smiles at my audacity. Encouraged by a warmer round of applause he requested another song. I obliged and was joined by a very tall Swede from the audience who entoned in the chorus. I had exhausted my two party pieces when I sat down.
I had an enjoyable night and returned next night to be further entertained but in front of a more engaged audience.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Dined in here whilst passing through Kenmare. Whilst the food was ok we felt that we were not made as welcome as other places that we came across. We also felt that the value for what we received was not there.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Went here after a cycle from Killarney to Kenmare round the ring of Kerry food was great service was good very busy but a bit pricy for bar food u pay for what u get ....... Very good food