“dinner”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“dinner”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

good pub food served late; 2 of us had lamb & mash and one had ribs - tasty and ample portions; promptly served; the Guinness was good, though that is not surprizing, I suppose!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DrH107

canada
“good surprise”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We walked by this place a few times & thought it was just a bar with some outdoor tables.
We decide to try it for dinner, i had a duck pasta ans it was delicious, my wife had a house salad and she was happy with it. i would definitely eat here again if in Kenmare.

• Visited July 2014
“A disappointing finish ”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

“A disappointing finish ”
11 Aug 2014
This pleasant restaurant in Kenmare with an intimate warm and engaging atmosphere well presented menu and wines really disappointed when our host was challenged by a waitress to add a TIP to his card payment instead of allowing me as his guest to make a cash payment
This American manner of demanding TIPS is becoming irritating and deameaning
It surely is the choice of the client to decide was the service good , bad,acceptable and to tip to that standard
Or alternatively why do we have to tip do you tip a shopgirl , a check out lady , your Doctor ,your dentist ,your mechanic ?
No tipping in Spain or France
Pay the Staff correctly and stop them having to be Highwaymen/women

Bootrav (30 reviews)

3 Thank Bootrav
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Horseshoe was recommend by our B&B hostess and it was a great choice. We did not have to wait for a table inside (although the outside area was quite busy) and the service and food were excellent. My husband and I are from the Midwest (U.S.) an area that brags about its bar-b-que so I was a bit hesitant but ordered the ribs. Amazing, fall-off-the-bone, tender, and juicy - some of the best ribs I've ever had. Thankfully they bring a warm, lemon-infused finger bowl. My husband had a really good burger but not nearly as good as my dinner. If you are in the Kenmare area I would definitely recommend having dinner at The Horseshoe.

Visited July 2014
Wexford, Ireland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have eaten in the Horseshoe a few times as a couple and going back as a family a few years later, it didn't disappoint! We actually ate there two nights in a row it was so good. We had chicken, steak and fish, all were beautifully presented and tasty, and the vegetables were probably the best part, it's hard to make vegetables interesting but they succeeded! The only downside were the staff who weren't that attentive and only for a gentleman with glasses, I'm not sure we would have been served at all. But that aside a thoroughly enjoyable evening.