“Exceeded our expectations.”

The Bay Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Normally when you dine in a hotel expectations are not really as high as an individual restaurant but here we were positively surprised. We had a bit of a role reversal with my wife going for the soup and me the brushetta as a starter. We knew by presentation of both when they arrived that it was going to be good and it did not disappoint. The bruschetta was especially nice.
We then had a sirlion steak and a seabass. I had the seabass and it just had a really yummy taste with a sauce that matched very well. I also tasted my wife's steak which was very nice but would normally like it medium instead of well done like she ordered it.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

My Wife and I booked in to the Kenmare bay on the 6th of May 2009 on a mini package with evening meal included. The6th our wedding anniversary we decided to have our inclusive evening meal that night and ordered steak which was just average and dry. As sauce was not included with this meal we needed to order pepper sauce for two.This arrived 5 or so minutes later in a gravyboat approx 150mls, this was also a let down,but the most maddening thing was the absolute disgraceof receiving a bill on checkout ,for "14 EUROS PEPPER SAUCE 6TH MAY, No need to say i had lost my appetite and had a lighter wallet on LEAVING THE KENMARE BAY HOTEL.
JUSTINireland