“Yummy food, Nice atmosphere, Good service”
Review of The Bay Restaurant

The Bay Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Large spacious restaurant but cleverly divided with moveable room deviders into sections. The decor is modern and a mix of gold and brown. One thing which did strike me was the lack of table linen there were no table cloths and the napkins were paper (thicker than normal but still paper). I had pumpkin soup followed by chargrilled chicken with a congac reduction and for dessert I had chocolate fondant. The soup was delicious and was served piping hot which I love ther is nothing I hate more than soup which is cold before you're halfway through. The chicken was succulent and the jus reduction was delicious. I was toying between the fondant and the Belgian waffle for dessert but as I had not had chocolate fondant in years I went for it and boy was it good although I would have prefered 1 regular size fondant as opposed to the 2 mini's I was given but make no mistake the were so good I almost licked my plate!!! My mum had the seafood chowder, Lamb shank and Belgian waffle, my dad had the pumpkin soup, sirlion steak and baileys cheesecake and my daughter had the children's menu of fruit juice, sausages beans and potatoes followed by profiteroles.
We were all in agreement this meal was the best meal we had in our 3 days in Kenmare. I would say this is a must to visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was so surprised eating here as we stated for 2 nights in the hotel and one evening meal was included!

The food was AMAZING, the freshest seafood was available and there was a diverse menu selection. We really enjoyed our meal! Something for everyone. The only downfall was the decode of the room was a bit dated!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were greeted by Tania with great warmth and welcome. The menu and wine list was ample and interesting. Service was prompt and efficient. And the meal carefully orchestrated by Daniel was heavenly delicious, We left warmed well fed and completely overwhelmed. A must do in Kenmare.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Normally when you dine in a hotel expectations are not really as high as an individual restaurant but here we were positively surprised. We had a bit of a role reversal with my wife going for the soup and me the brushetta as a starter. We knew by presentation of both when they arrived that it was going to be good and it did not disappoint. The bruschetta was especially nice.
We then had a sirlion steak and a seabass. I had the seabass and it just had a really yummy taste with a sauce that matched very well. I also tasted my wife's steak which was very nice but would normally like it medium instead of well done like she ordered it.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

My Wife and I booked in to the Kenmare bay on the 6th of May 2009 on a mini package with evening meal included. The6th our wedding anniversary we decided to have our inclusive evening meal that night and ordered steak which was just average and dry. As sauce was not included with this meal we needed to order pepper sauce for two.This arrived 5 or so minutes later in a gravyboat approx 150mls, this was also a let down,but the most maddening thing was the absolute disgraceof receiving a bill on checkout ,for "14 EUROS PEPPER SAUCE 6TH MAY, No need to say i had lost my appetite and had a lighter wallet on LEAVING THE KENMARE BAY HOTEL.
JUSTINireland