“Good foor and entertainment”

The Coachman's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in Kenmare Town Centre, The Coachman's Bar & Restaurant is run by the Jones family since 1969. Delicious Irish favourites including Beef ' Guinness Casserole, Seafood Pie, Fish 'n Chips, fresh local seafood. During dinner,some of the finest entertainment that Ireland has to offer is performed. There is a wonderful atmosphere and fond memories are made.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My grilled Salmon was very good as was my husband's steak. The best part of the evening was the music played during our dinner and than he played again later. Michael O'Brien on teh concertina and a guitar player. Very lively mucsic and crowd pleasing.

2  Thank Peggy K

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great service, excellent food and delightful music. I tried the Shepard's Pie and it was delicious. Make sure to try the crumble.

3  Thank RARK117
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere in the Irish pubs and this was one of our favorites--where we discovered the music of Michael O'Brien, a wonderful, passionate Irish musician!

1  Thank Dede M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We headed to the Coachman our first night in Ireland. Reasonable prices, good solid food and WONDERFUL music. One of our favorite nights during our 2 week trip.

2  Thank MargCurran
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked for dinner in The Coachman's on a Sunday night having been attracted by the live music advertised outside

We were warmly welcomed and shown to a prominent table in the restaurant and our drinks order taken. Staff were polite and friendly but not intrusive and took our orders.

I chose the Seafood Chowder which did not disappoint, creamy and rich with chucks of dish it was sublime. The vegetarian soup was also delicious. For mains we sampled the Pork Loin which was a massive portion with veg and apple sauce, the Goats cheese and fig tart was great, I had the Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese, which I'm afraid to say I found rather dry and a disappointment with the undeniable highlight being the Beef in Guinness Stew which looked amazing and tasted as good

Music started around 7.00 and featured a male and female duo, who were excellent and modern - the perfect background to a great meal.

A great night out in Kenmare which I would definitely recommend

2  Thank dma1966