“Plamaus.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 55 Restaurants in Kenmare
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, International, European, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Killarney, Ireland
“Plamaus.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

On recommendation travelled via Kenmare from Cahersiveen to Rathmore to sample their Fish n Chips.

Not disappointed. Just great. On paying I was asked possible by the owner if everything was alright. Not wanting to swell his head replied. "Alright for a Country place I suppose."

Well you'd have to be Irish to appreciate the banter (Plamaus )dat followed. Oh bejaysus he has the Blarney alright. Great restaurant staff ambience. Well worth a visit. Q. Best meal ever no the best one was free.

• Visited July 2014

Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A surprise find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

On my visit to Kenmare recently we came across Brook Lane Hotel which is located just a few minutes walk from the town. We decided that we would try it out as we were looking for somewhere to eat. We ate in Casey's Bar & Bistro and what a find....I am very surprised to find that this is not rated higher on trip advisor, maybe the local want to keep this place a secret as it was very busy and seem to be all locals. The food is fabulous and all locally sourced and the service was excellent. I can highly recommend the rack of free range pork it was delicious and it was reared on their own farm. Huge thanks to Una for giving us information on the local area as it was our first time in Kenmare and must say it will be visited again by us, I would highly recommend Casey's Bar & Bistro at Brook Lane Hotel if visiting or passing through to Kenmare. See ye all again in the near future. Louise

Elmhurst, Illinois
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were staying across the street and their restaurant didnt look good. We walked across the street and what luck! There was the cutest little table we all fit in with windows all around. The service was spectacular. I was going to order a burger and she suggested a Pork burger...not on the menu...it was very different and very nice.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

As a female travelling alone on business I always dread eating out but I was made to feel so welcome by all the staff.
I ordered a large glass of Chilean red which was gorgeous and served at the perfect temperature.
I then ordered the baked salmon with homemade chorizo, new pots and vegetables. The fish was huge, cooked to perfection and the chorizo combination worked well. The side vegetables were again generous and perfectly cooked.
I thought it was well worth the money and i really enjoyed the whole experience.

Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Good food but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The food was very good, my steak was cooked exactly he way I like. Only thing is that the food is very expensive.

• 3 of 5 bubbles