“fab eggs!!!”

Truffle Pig
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 February 2014

on my recent stay i had breakfast in the truffle pig, chirpy staff & mouth watering great food..... my eggs benedict were one of the i have had any where in the world..... i'll be back x

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Went with a party of six for lunch. Sandwiches were well filled, pies were fantastic. Great value for money. Would recommend it. On the down side space was tight. However it is a good lunch stop.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have eaten here on many occassions therefore I think I can review it with totally honesty. When the girl with red hair is there the place is fast and friendly whereas when the male owner is there and the two fellas that I think are his sons the place is a mess and service is awful. The owner is not one bit friendly no matter how many times you go in there he has the same grumpy manner and his sons are not much better and one was making my food last week and kept touching his face it was so unhygienic. The owner's wife is a much friendly lady and should be out the front of house and he should not be seen because if your not going to be friendly to your customers what is the point of been there. On a final note the food is good but what is the point if your not going to be friendly to your regulars

3  Thank Mariekerry
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Delish lunch in a rustic setting, we all had something a little different and we all agreed it was so tasty. the table were a little messy but thats just a sign they were busy....

1  Thank Zicole
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a bite to eat at Truffle Pig in Kenmare. We needed to wait until the Kenmare Lace Design Center opened, so a nice lunch after some browsing of the shops seemed like a good idea. I ordered a chicken sandwich on homemade white bread. The chicken was slices of breast meat and was topped with a nice cheddar cheese, tomato and mayonnaise. The bread was soft with a nice crust and more substantial than a store-bought white bread. A little bit of freshly ground salt and this was the best sandwich that I’ve had in quite some time. I tried a Fentimans Curiosity Cola which is a brewed non-alcoholic beverage from England that is described as a “fermented botanical cola drink with ginger and herbal extracts”. It was very good with an interesting flavor. I liked it much better than the typical cola soft drinks that are available in the United States. My wife had the mushroom soup, which she described as being thick like porridge. Unfortunately, she didn’t like the flavor. She did, however, enjoy the apple pie. Everything else that I saw looked quite good, so I can easily recommend Truffle Pig for a meal and try the Fentimans.