“Perfect place for a rest”
other travellers have booked this property
the cottage
sunset from the patio christmas in the Cottage
Check Availability
christmas in the Cottage
dining area
kitchen
double bedroom
view from behind the cottage
rear view of cottage
Meet Mutt the pet sheep
good morning
main reception area
the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
sa2m12
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for a rest”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Great location: peaceful with stunning views. We fall in love with that scenery. In the cottage there was everything what we needed on holiday. There was clean and very comfy. We spend a few fantastic days in this wonderful cottage and we definitely will choose it if we go visit Ireland again.

tesar0002
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed 1 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We had a super comfortable stay at the cottage. Everything we could of asked for. With beautiful views and the peacefulness of the birds chirping and sheep nearby. We did a lot of just relaxing there and taking it all in! Would highly recommend this place!
You won't regret it! perfect!

taraewagn...
Maryland
“Best View in Ireland from this wonderful cottage”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We were so shocked at the view from the cottage when we arrived. It was a bit further out of town (Kenmare) than we expected, but well worth the trip out and up the hill. Don't forget to walk up the hill a bit behind the cottage for an even more amazing and expansive view (but keep an eye out for the sheep)! The cottage was very cozy and had everything you need. Too bad the night was cloudy and we weren't able to see the stars - that would be been the icing on the cake. Due to car troubles, we had to cut our trip short, but we are definitely grateful for the night we stayed in this wonderful cottage! The owners were very easy to work with, with a special surprise when we met a baby lamb!

flynngib
Brigthon
“Wonderful peaceful cottage in a stunning location”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My self and my husband where blown away by this cottage, if you are looking for a quiet tranquil space to relax in front of a blazing fire this is the place. I cant think of a more idyllic place to stay if you want to clear your head and enjoy some of the best views our lovely county has to offer!

deborahpi...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best place I've ever stayed”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

This by far is the best place I have stayed, views are beautiful, cottage was perfect, well looked after and so homely, the owners Margaret and Eugene made you feel right at home they where lovely and nothing was to much for them and where happy to help with anything, my husband and I enjoyed our stay here we will most definitely be back the place is amazing. You can out the back garden and walk up the mountains you can stand in the front garden and see beautiful views and watch the sunrise, the cottage is so well equipped that you really don't have to do anything apart from your fire everyday they have everything from a cooler to a dishwasher, they really have thought of everything, would advise anyone who's thinking about going to this place to stop thinking now and book you couldn't ask for a more relaxed and gorgeous place to go, so much around you to do. Couldn't ask for better hosts

BangkokBa...
“My favorite stay in Ireland”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Thank you so much Mag and Eugene.
I loved loved loved this home. I felt as if I had traveled back in time to your beautiful cottage.
High upon a hill overlooking the wind swept sea. We were on our first trip to Ireland on our 40th wedding anniversary, and this is the most romantic and beautiful home. Ruth greeted us so warmly, and brought us treats for our special stay. The drive from Kenmare was rather a white knuckle ride for my husband(our first time in Ireland and he was the passenger) but a bit more driving around and he calmed down.
Our anniversary is in November and I was hoping for the blustery weather. Per the weather report we had gale force winds and we were warm and snug inside this traditional cottage with two thick walls and a roaring fireplace. When turning in for the night I could hear the winds blowing outside and I fell asleep in blissful warmth, comfort and peace.
Thank you ever so much Mag and Eugene.
Love Joe and Barb

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage and romantic seclusion
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Terry_Del...
Dublin, Ireland
“A week's holidays on the Beara penisula....”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Myself and my girlfriend (and our dog :) ) stayed for a week at this lovely cottage. It is located on a hill, 2 mins drive up from the owners house, on a gravel road that the owners laid themselves to allow access. The cottage is very secluded, and without doubt the best thing about it is the spectacular views out across the bay and onto the mountains of Kerry. I would say it is the best view from a place I have ever experiencedin a place I've stayed in Ireland, if not anywhere in the world.
The weather was not great for our week, particularly the first half of the week. This means getting anywhere means driving. So if you plan on being in the outdoors, short walks to pubs/restaurants etc, you may need to look at a bigger town, such as Kenmare or Glengariff. But if you want peace and quiet and a good base for driving to some of the spectacular sites on offer, this is a great choice.
The house is lovely, very authentic with proper wooden floors, and kitchen units. It has all you need and we found it very cosy and comfortable. The stove is great and was lighting for us on arrival which was a lovely touch.
We had a small issue with a leak from the bath dripping down onto the couch below, but that was the only negative all week. And no big deal really.
It did get very windy early in the week with Ireland it by two storms, and as the house is high up, the wind is very noisy in the bedrooms, so bring earplugs if storms are forecast.
As already mentioned, its dog friendly, which is a huge plus in my humble opinion.
Price was great too, and the owners Mag and Eugene are very nice and friendly people.
If you want an authentic old school Irish cottage experience, in a quiet, relaxing location where you can chill out away from the worries of the world, I would absolutely recommend this cottage, you will not go wrong.
I wish we had a chance to make use of the barbeque, but Ireland in November, that's asking a lot!
Thanks to the owners for their efforts in creating a real Irish cottage experience. They've done a very good job of it :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views from the property are amazing
Liked least: Some issues with leaks from the bathroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing