“Another Fantastic Visit”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Purley
“Another Fantastic Visit”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly a big thank you to Patrick and all his staff for al the hard work in putting on a concert with the Celtic Tenors the evening was truly memorable
The additional work did not phase the staff the service, cleanliness, quality of catering was excellent
The hotel is tranquil with beautiful views excellent rooms great dining what more can you ask for thank you all for another fantastic weekend stay

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nigelbrignall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Dublin
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival this hotel was amazing. Very friendly welcoming staff. I came here with my sister for one night. Going from busy Dublin to the beautiful Kerry was delightful. Food was fab. The only downfall was the wait we had. The hotel seemed busy while we were there, so I emphasise with the kitchen staff as I know they don't get half the praise they should. I should know my husband is a chef.!!!!!! The sheen falls will certainly be seeing me back in the future. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula M
Patrick H, General Manager at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Paula M,

I am really delighted that you and your husband had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all element of our offering. Sorry that there may have been some delays but it sounds like you enjoyed everything so I am please that it all worked out - we will address any kinks in the service speeds. I am looking forward to personally welcoming you both back again soon.

Patrick Hanley & all the team at Sheen Falls Lodge
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have recently returned from a two day stay in the hotel. Upon our arrival we noticed that there were bikes outside the spa. We enquired at reception and found that the bikes were for the residents to use free of charge. My husband and I had a wonderful day cycling in and around Kenmare. I had booked a deluxe room and our room was very spacious with a balcony and overlooked the falls. The rooms are in slight need of refurb but this should not put you off staying, work is being done at the moment but did not disrupt our stay.We did not have out evening meal in the hotel but breakfast was excellent.
Staff and bar staff were attentive and and we were well looked after.

2 Thank mackers2013
Dear Mackers20213

We also have complimentary Tennis, Pool, Sauna, Steam, Jacuzzi, Core Fitness, circuit training, & Pilates classes! Delighted that you had such an enjoyable time with us - we are working on all elements of the hotel with changes happening all the time. Hope we can welcome you back to Kenmare in the near future - please do contact me for an assistance

Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is outstanding. All of it. And we're used to staying at Four Seasons. From when we drove up in our car with bags unloaded and whisked inside (no pomp, no claim tickets..they remember who you are, just smart kindness) receptionist (not bellman) walked us to our room, pool, spa, every staffer we came in contact with, an extra key immediately delivered..same as an extra sheet and lost power converter discovered late, grounds are immaculate (walk them). Restaurant choices flavor and service. (We usually never eat in a hotel restaurant) The hotel alone could have caused us to stay an extra day. Best value for the money we had in our 8 days in Ireland. (Note, we were there during the week and did not check weekend rates)

Room Tip: This hotel is worth arriving earlyish. Enjoying the grounds, paths, horses...It's an event we...
2 Thank Anquka
Dear Anquka,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us & for taking the time to review your stay with us - I am delighted that you felt that we were the best value during your Irish visit - this is a really great barometer and we are pleased that you found to be such a great experience. I will pass on your very kind words to all my colleagues especially my chef Phillip - he will be chuffed

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After spending 3 relaxing days at sheen falls, I have to say that the experience only gets better we have been regulars of the hotel for the past 20 years and have made it our home from home,I have only good things to say about the hotel staff and the service from the minute you arrive,with the on going upgrade of the hotel and new management Patrick and the team are always at hand for your every need and the service is top class. Your day will start with an amazing array for breakfast in cascade over looking the falls. Our rooms are always clean and well stocked with your usual needs and a trendy espresso,the most comfortable bed,luxurious marble bathrooms and voya products used.i have to say a special thanks to all the bar staff and also Maura who was exceptional.the staff in the dining room are friendly and efficient.we also had our dogs with us and they were also welcomed and had a kennel with fat beds and food bowls at the ready and just for a little extra comfort they also had controlled heating.....they also enjoyed a run along the river and the long walks.food is excellent and we have seen an improvement on the menu with a wider choice but the quality is always superb, on our last night I had a lamb pie,amazing! Philip does a great job here and I always find his food inventive and full of flavour.during our stay we had one day of torrential rain so headed to Killarney for the day when we returned the sheen falls were in full flow and that was spectacular.all in all a great hotel that only seems to be getting better and better!

Room Tip: The hotel is being upgraded over time so the 3rd floor is done with 2nd floor being upgraded soon, t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian C
Dear Ian & Co,

Its always lovely to welcome you back , its always the acid test for a hotel to draw guests back and thankfully we are a place that you have been very loyal to down the years. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and the very kind words its our pleasure to have you, see you all again very soon I hope.

Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2014

One side of this hotel overlooks an enchanting bay, another side overlooks a roaring stream cascading down the slope! When we checked in they gave us a complimentary double upgrade to a huge corner suite that gave us both views. We could not believe their generosity. Definitely the best place we stayed in, in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank adoptsomekids
Dear Adoptsomekids

Thank you for choosing to stay with us & for taking the time to review your stay with us - I am delighted that you liked your suite its a great room and thankfully we are always spoiled here when it comes to our views! I will pass on your lovely comment to my colleagues

ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed for one night at Sheen Falls Lodge on a tour of the Ring of Kerry. The hotel is in a lovely setting situated next to the waterfall. We were warmly welcomed by concierge and receptionist. We stayed in a Deluxe room with was beautiful, immaculately clean and very spacious with a lovely view of falls. The bar is fabulous and the bartender was very attentive. It is a very peaceful location and you feel really relaxed in the drawing room looking out at the view. Breakfast was excellent, good selection, attentive staff, lovely views. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it is a real 5 star hotel and is a credit to the management and staff working there.

2 Thank rua25
Dear Rua25

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us - I am delighted that you had such a great experience - My colleagues are always happy to read about such happy experience its way we all strive for here at the Lodge.

phanley@sheenfallslodge.ie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Park Hotel Kenmare
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#14 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Sheen Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!