“Returning for a special occasion”
Review of Sheen Falls Lodge

Sheen Falls Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Radlett, United Kingdom
“Returning for a special occasion”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We returned to Sheen Falls for a special occasion and had an amazing evening. The restaurant served us a very special tasting menu arranged at the last minute and we had the tasting wines with each course. The reception staff were brilliant arranging hair appointments, advising us on a special place for a pub lunch in Sneem, nothing was too much trouble. Only thing was no air conditioning. Look forward to our next visit. M

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We rented The Green at Sheen Falls Lodge with our family for one week. The house was very nice with a great view and just a short walk to the Lodge. The staff was outstanding and there were amenities for everyone. Our family enjoyed the Falconry and the gentleman who took care of us was unbelievable. It was a short distance to Kenmare and the town was lovely with lots of dining options

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had occasion to spend 3 nights at this luxury hotel. From the very start one knows you will be very well looked after and it was not disappointing.
We enjoyed both restaurants and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
We had a deluxe room which is actually a Suite, it was huge , very comfortable with a huge bed and everything to make you enjoy your stay, even had a Nespresso coffee machine in the suite.
Breakfast was a treat , good selection with friendly staff all over.
Only down side is the bar and restaurant prices are far too high. They actually sting they are so expensive. Yes it is a 5 star quality hotel but the beverage prices do not have to be extortion . I would return only for a treat……………….

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed for bed and breakfast last night. We booked through Supervalu getaway breaks and it was a steal! I was worried we might get a poorer quality room because we were on a valu break.
My husband reassured me that there are no poor quality rooms at Sheenfalls [he was one of the contractors that worked on the renovations many years back] The staff were lovely, the room was excellent and the breakfast was top class. Our room overlooked the river with a little balcony to sit out and take the view. I would suggest the addition of a very small table to put a coffee on while guests relax outside. I enjoyed my night of 5 star accommodation, but couldn't afford to stay without a concession...

Room Tip: I would say, any room is a good choice..
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I got married in Sheenfalls last May. I have been meaning to write this review for some time but better late than never as Sheenfalls deserves the recognition. Our whole weekend was outstanding from start to finish. We both wanted something very special for our wedding and when we booked Sheenfalls we both knew it was perfect. In the finish it was beyond our expectations! We had beautiful photos taken in the immaculate grounds at Sheenfalls and overlooking the waterfall. We had a delious meal with all our guests in the beautiful La Cascade restaurant and continued the evening dancing in The Sun Lodge room. I cannot express how amazing the staff, food and service of the hotel were. All the staff made our guests feel so relaxed and comfortable. The following day we had a barbecue in Oscars and again the food and service was outstanding. All our guests were overwhelmed by the whole experience and are still talking about it today. Our guests left promising a return visit and my husband and I also cannot wait to return for a weekend again soon. Thank you to all the staff in Sheenfalls for beautiful memories for us to cherish forever. Lorraine and Antone

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank meaneyL
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is said that the murderer returns to the scene as well as we would like to go to places where we were years ago felt very good.
When will evaluate our current stay, I'm glad we went to this place, even though you can not step twice into the same river. We were again beautifully even though we were about 15 years more mature.
The hotel staff was just as nice as all those years ago, and though I'm not an expert on human faces, many have worked there all those years ago. The restaurant will be about long-term problem, but in Kenmare is a lot of good restaurants not to die of hunger or gourmet and therefore we return.

1 Thank Ladislav V
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We travelled from Dublin to stay for two nights midweek with our newborn baby. I had heard so many positive comments about this hotel, and was really looking forward to our stay.
There are many positives about this hotel - the staff were just lovely, and so accommodating. The breakfast and dinner we had were delicious, and we hired a babysitter so we could go for dinner as a couple. Actually, I was given plenty of information about the babysitter before we arrived which was brilliant because I was nervous about leaving her for the first time. But they were very helpful with organising someone that they trusted. Other hotels I have stayed in since have left it up to me to organise the babysitting, and would just give a list rather than recommending someone, so I really appreciated this extra bit of help.
There weren't too many negatives about our stay, but I think my overall and lasting impression will be how dated our bedroom was and how disappointed I was with that. The bed was HUGE, I mean, absolutely huge! My husband and I could have laid width-ways across the bed and still have too much room. It may seem like a good thing, and certainly I like a bit of space in my bed, but this was ridiculous. And the decor was so old fashioned, I was really surprised at that. The shower I had on both days needed the water to run literally for about 7mins before any hot water arrived (VERY bad for the environment, I was acutely aware of that). But other than that the bathroom was nice and spacious.
To be honest, I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was really very far to come from Dublin for only two days, but I would like to reiterate that we did have a nice time, and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Freecakes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort
#10 of 38 in Killarney
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Sheen Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!