“Flawless”
Review of Sheen Falls Lodge

Sheen Falls Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here purely by chance, as I had nothing pre-booked and after 3 hours on the phone, this was the only place in all of southwest Ireland that seemed to have a room available. I'm not sure why -- it was quite reasonably priced, and was one of the best places I have stayed. Wonderful location right on the falls, maybe 15 minute walk into town, but with all the activities on site, why leave? The hotel offered clay pigeon shooting, kayaking, tennis, horseback riding, guided walks, miles of self-guided walking, and a wonderful spa with all sorts of treatment packages. Food was excellent, wonderful bar and formal and informal dining; large beautiful rooms with bath and shower, everything first rate.

A great choice for an active, outdoor, but luxury holiday.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank polonius

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It has been 16 years since I have visited Sheen Falls Lodge and it is every bit as inviting, gorgeous, luxurious and picturesque as I recall. The hotel itself is not formally-grand or ostentatious; rather, it is well-appointed, classic, authentic, and comfortable. Our room is enormous, with two comfortable "wall beds" for the kids. Our king sized bed feels vast, with an excellent mattress, pillows and quality bedding. The hotel is busy with guests of every description. I love the mixture of families like ours together with honeymooners and older couples. The lobby has several conversation/seating areas, tables and chairs outside as well. The bar, the lounge, the restaurants, are all welcoming, well staffed and comfortable.
I can't sleep and so I am sitting in the landing sofa with my laptop. The lovely night attendant, Joe, stopped what he was doing (vacuuming, tidying, keeping busy) to bring me cookies and warm milk. Bikes are for the taking, and the kids and my husband rode into town while I had to do some work in the room.

The hotel itself is super quiet, but if you open your window you can hear the most lovely sound in all Ireland: the whoosh and babble of the river. From booking (Gillian), to checking in (Sinead), to service in the bar and by the porters, we are well-taken care of by a very attentive staff. I love it here.

Room Tip: Rooms 205 and 206 are fantastic, huge, comfortable, and in a great location in the main hotel overlo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank marcyro
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was the most amazing place we stayed in Ireland, not only was the hotel itself spectacular, the staff were amazing. My husband and I got married there on May 29, 2014 in the drawing room. There were only four of us, but the staff made me feel so special and we were their priority. The staff greeted us as the door and treated us like royalty from the moment we stepped on the property. The staff even helped us plan the wedding by providing numbers for local business for hair and flowers before I left the US. They even took my dress to the local dry cleaner. The bar was great. The piano man learned our song and we danced after a fabulous dinner at La Cascade. This is a gem of a hotel. Words can't say enough at how amazing and wonderful the staff, service and accommodations were. I've traveled a lot, but by far this place made me feel like I was living in a fairy tale. They were there for our every need (and as a bride from another country, I had a ton.) When my tripod didn't function the staff helped work our video camera, need ice no worries, it was in the room in a flash. Amazing! You can't go wrong staying here! Even better getting married there. Can't wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary.

Room Tip: All of them are good, the bay or the falls it is a beautiful setting!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tarah_B117
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at this fab hotel with wonderful views in beautiful setting. Spent three nights in Kenmare, ate in both restaurants in the hotel and one night in the town at Foleys all very nice.
Met a very professional driver , very helpful with loads of local knowledge and trip back to Cork Airport, Paul Brown 087 1455413.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Falls are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We returned to Sheen Falls for a special occasion and had an amazing evening. The restaurant served us a very special tasting menu arranged at the last minute and we had the tasting wines with each course. The reception staff were brilliant arranging hair appointments, advising us on a special place for a pub lunch in Sneem, nothing was too much trouble. Only thing was no air conditioning. Look forward to our next visit. M

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We rented The Green at Sheen Falls Lodge with our family for one week. The house was very nice with a great view and just a short walk to the Lodge. The staff was outstanding and there were amenities for everyone. Our family enjoyed the Falconry and the gentleman who took care of us was unbelievable. It was a short distance to Kenmare and the town was lovely with lots of dining options

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had occasion to spend 3 nights at this luxury hotel. From the very start one knows you will be very well looked after and it was not disappointing.
We enjoyed both restaurants and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
We had a deluxe room which is actually a Suite, it was huge , very comfortable with a huge bed and everything to make you enjoy your stay, even had a Nespresso coffee machine in the suite.
Breakfast was a treat , good selection with friendly staff all over.
Only down side is the bar and restaurant prices are far too high. They actually sting they are so expensive. Yes it is a 5 star quality hotel but the beverage prices do not have to be extortion . I would return only for a treat……………….

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Park Hotel Kenmare
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Sheen Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!