“Fantastic Stay”

Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a one night stay here for a hen party. The staff in this hotel were amazing. The lovely girl at the front desk was nice to be able to accommodate us with an early check in which we really appreciated. The rooms were spacious and clean and had very comfortable beds. We had dinner included in our package. Normally with inclusive packages you can expect a pretty standard menu to choose from. Not at the Kenmare Bay Hotel. The food was so amazing that the mother of the bride didn't actually believe it was included in the package and expected to pay extra for it. The girls were raving about the food even the next day. As a vegan myself I wasn't expecting much to be available for myself. All I can say is they must have a 5 star chef working there. At one point I was considering asking for recipes :) This hotel is completely flawless. I will definitely be making a return trip in the future.

2  Thank Lily2901
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am pleased to read that you and your party had an enjoyable stay here with us. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to my chef and the rest of my team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Andrew Rees.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had our wedding reception here, food was amazing, the hotel looked amazing and location is beautiful. The staff were brilliant and can't praise them enough, its the small touchs this hotel has to offer when we went to our room the staff had a framed photo of our big day. Thanks to all at the kenmare bay for an amazing day

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Diggel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I am happy to read that you had a beautiful wedding day here with us and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again on your anniversary. Congratulations again from all at the Kenmare Bay Hotel.

Andrew Rees.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was a nice updated hotel. There is a path to town you might want to take, but it is a walk uphill back, but 5 Euros will get you a Taxi back to the hotel. Room was large as well as the bath and the views from the room of the hills in the distance were fine although we were positioned overlooking the parking lot it was quiet and landscaping was excellent. Very helpful staff
Breakfast is included and was also quite good.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel. Although we stayed on the front side, I think the vie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed a quiet break away at our hotel. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel is a short walk from the lovely little town of Kenmare and is also on the walking route of the Kerry Way. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom very well appointed, with superior shower and a bath too. The staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: We had a good view from our room but I believe this does not apply to all rooms.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the hotel with us and in the beautiful area of Kenmare. I will be happy to pass on all your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have just returned from our 3 night stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel earlier this month. The Hotel is well appointed and the staff friendly, we were upgraded to a superior room which was very clean and comfortable with good views to the hills, the bathroom with separate shower enclosure was particularly luxurious. We took 2 evening meals in the bar area, the food was typical "bar standard", my fish (cod) on the 2nd night was disappointing ! We ate in the main restaurant on the last night and although the food was expensive it was far superior - my fillet steak being cooked to perfection. Breakfasts were typical buffet fair, although the staff had appeared to cope well with the coach tours that had eaten earlier, sandwiches in the courtyard bar at lunchtime were freshly made and accompanied by a very tasty fresh salad. We did not try the Spa and Gym but we did visit and they looked clean and well appointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to read that you had a enjoyable stay here at the hotel with us. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Kenmare Bay hotel last week (two couples) and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were lovely, our rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet, and the swimming pool and leisure facilities are a real bonus. The hotel really is only a 4-5 min stroll from Kenmare town which is a delight to explore.

The food was great, especially the one evening meal we enjoyed in the dining room. Breakfast (hot and cold) is self-service, buffet style and while plentiful, the hot breakfast would be more enjoyable if served to order (more economic too?). The toast appeared half-cooked and soggy... a minor detail but one which would make all the difference, if corrected.

Overall, our stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel surpassed all expectations. Huge thanks to the hotel staff for being so friendly and helpful. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am glad to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here with us and we surpassed all of your expectations. I will be happy to pass on all of your compliments to my team and I will take your comments on our breakfast into consideration.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

we stayed a week in a house on the grounds of the hotel. we had access to the pool which the kids loved twice a day. the staff were very nice. Kenmare is the most beautiful place in the world! the location of the hotel is perfect for sight seeing

Room Tip: plenty of places to eat in Kenmare so skip the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us in our holiday homes, availing of all of our facilities for children and adults alike. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to all of my team.

We Hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew Rees

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Brook Lane Hotel
Sneem Hotel
#2 of 3 in Sneem
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!