“comfortable and efficient”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Cashel, Tipperary, Ireland
“comfortable and efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed there with a friend because of the lace festival was on and the workshop were in the hotel. The room was spacious, fresh and comfortable. You could adjust the heating individually which particularly suited us, we like the window open and fresh air and no stuffy central heating.
The service was very efficient and very professional.
The 3 nights deals B&B was a good one.
The walk to town is well sign posted and avoid the road and traffic, even lit at night.
I would stay there again if in Kenmare.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay here with us for the Kenmare Lace Festival. I am happy to read that it was a pleasurable stay and you enjoyed all of our facilities here at the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew Rees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Welcomed warmly on arrival and the atmosphere around the hotel was great! Unfortunately we were put in a tiny box room with our 1 yr old! Don't know if that's why as I did state we had a toddler with us when I booked! We seemed to have been placed in the complete end of the hotel! The room was very dingy obviously an old part of the hotel! Staff very pleasant - the bar food was fab but the staff were very young and didn't seem very professional! Great breakfast and huge choice- even pool was fabulous! Overall would recommend this hotel but would make sure the room is more spacious!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Olivia O
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable stay here with us but do apologise that the room did not meet your expectations. We always try to allocate larger rooms to our families and hope that we can accommodate you on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This Hotel is beautiful with a wonderful view of the mountains. There is a shortcut path to town which makes the walk only take a few minutes. Our room was very clean, large and well appointed. The only item I missed was a blow drier but I did not ask for it at the desk. The breakfast is not included here but there is a restaurant on site. Ken are has many great places to eat breakfast if you have the time. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. We also used the health club but the pool is used for swimming lessons until 7:00 P.M. We returned at 8:00P.M. And enjoyed the hot tub while visiting with a few locals. They can purchase memberships in the health club here. The steam room is not open right now but the hot tub reopened today. Coffee, tea and bottled water is provided in the room. I have no complaints.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms face the mountains but all the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fossr50
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, Its always a pleasure to leave guests smiling on their departure from our hotel. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to all of my team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights midweek and had a pleasant stay. We got a superb deal and really got value for money. Hotel has ample parking and is very near Kenmare Village (You can walk down a special track in 5 mins and be in the village).

Wifi was poor in the rooms and dropped off continuously but seemed to be a little better in lobby and bar.

The breakfast i found to be very average, but really I think it was on the Poor side. Not much to it really. You get the usual fry but it was bland. I stayed with Muesli and fruit for my second and third days.The bar food was nice. Couldn't fault it. Didnt have dinner in Restaurant.

Carpet in lift needs to be replaced as its stinking.

Rooms were grand. Clean, but bed was a standard double. No luxurious King or Queen. But I am sure the hotel have beds with these sizes if you ask. TV was small and reception on some channels was poor.

Staff were helpful.

Bar was strange. Not the nicest hotel bar I have ever seen. Not somewhere you would want to stay long.

Swimming pool in Leisure Centre was lovely. And Gym was nice too.
Overall..despite my critical points, We had a good stay and I would reccommend the hotel and come here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ShamDela
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and facilities. I also appreciate your comments regarding the aspects of your stay that you felt less happy with. I can assure you that all areas will be looked into and that on your next visit, we can showcase these changes.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a one night stay here for a hen party. The staff in this hotel were amazing. The lovely girl at the front desk was nice to be able to accommodate us with an early check in which we really appreciated. The rooms were spacious and clean and had very comfortable beds. We had dinner included in our package. Normally with inclusive packages you can expect a pretty standard menu to choose from. Not at the Kenmare Bay Hotel. The food was so amazing that the mother of the bride didn't actually believe it was included in the package and expected to pay extra for it. The girls were raving about the food even the next day. As a vegan myself I wasn't expecting much to be available for myself. All I can say is they must have a 5 star chef working there. At one point I was considering asking for recipes :) This hotel is completely flawless. I will definitely be making a return trip in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lily2901
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am pleased to read that you and your party had an enjoyable stay here with us. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to my chef and the rest of my team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had our wedding reception here, food was amazing, the hotel looked amazing and location is beautiful. The staff were brilliant and can't praise them enough, its the small touchs this hotel has to offer when we went to our room the staff had a framed photo of our big day. Thanks to all at the kenmare bay for an amazing day

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Diggel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I am happy to read that you had a beautiful wedding day here with us and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again on your anniversary. Congratulations again from all at the Kenmare Bay Hotel.

Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was a nice updated hotel. There is a path to town you might want to take, but it is a walk uphill back, but 5 Euros will get you a Taxi back to the hotel. Room was large as well as the bath and the views from the room of the hills in the distance were fine although we were positioned overlooking the parking lot it was quiet and landscaping was excellent. Very helpful staff
Breakfast is included and was also quite good.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel. Although we stayed on the front side, I think the vie...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed a quiet break away at our hotel. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew Rees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Brook Lane Hotel
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#7 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,006 reviews

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!