“beautiful”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Red Deer, Canada
“beautiful”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is extremely nice, and reception was very friendly and helpful. The hotel's restaurant was absolutely delicious with very friendly staff. The room was very big and super comfortable, with everything I needed in it. My room also had a beautiful view. Hotel is just a short walk from the town centre of Kenmare. Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jenna P
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and your kind comments
I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay from reception to your room to your meal experience
I will be passing your comments on to the hotel staff
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future
Yours Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't see much of the hotel. But all the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the food was exquisite. We were in the older part of the hotel so the rooms were a bit dated but I love a bit of vintage style so it was perfect for me. Parking was a bit I an issue but other than that a great stay and nice sleep is all you want.

Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Anthony H
Dear Guest

We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall, Kenmare is a excellent town to visit with a great selection of restaurants, bars and activities
We hope on your next visit you will get to enjoy all of our facilities
Contact me directly and it would be a pleasure to offer you a upgrade to one of our superior rooms
County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Kenmare Bay Hotel and can honestly say i had a wonderful time . It is my second stay this yr and from the moment of booking with Hannike,who was so helpful as i need a room that wasn't too far from the lifts or on the ground floor to accomandate my mother who was travelling with me . The room we stayed in 207 was spotless ,spacious ,and the bathroom which had a shower and a bath was spotless also . My 6 yr old daughter loved the kids club which is run by Shirley , and loved going there each night . She is a lovely lady who is so calm with the children that they just love going back every night to her. The pool area is great fun,and while i relaxed in the jacuzi i still had full view of my daughter in the kiddies pool. Breakfast was one of the best buffets of hot and cold foods around . The staff are very friendly and always willing to help . I can highly recommend this hotel for families , and i have made my reservations with Hannike to return in October with other members of my family .Looking forward to my stay again already

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 138AnneMaria
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write and post your recent review on your stay with us. Firstly may I say what a pleasure it was to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I was delighted that the staff were able to make a marked difference for the better to your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to both Hanneke and Shirley. I am glad that your daughter enjoyed the variety of activities that are on offer for the Kids Club.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to to stay with us in October.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent a night here last weekend as our friends wedding reception was on here. First impressions were good, we were given a friendly welcome by reception staff. The lobby area was modern. We stayed in room 612 which was a long walk from the reception area. The room was very dated and could have done with a total refurbishment. The bathroom was very dated, pink tiles and no light above the shower.There was no shampoo or shower gel. The bed was uncomfortable and the walls were paper thin, you could hear doors banging at all hours. Every electrical item in the room was in bad need of replacing, the hairdryer and phone were from the 90's! The wedding reception was very nice, we couldn't fault the staff who were very attentive. Food was lovely. Breakfast the next morning was average. Overall the stay was not good and I wouldn't recommend this hotel, the wedding banquet hall was lovely and from this point of view it was faultless, its a pity the rest of the hotel didn't match up. Also maybe the hotel management should review their rates as our room did not match the price we payed for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank darren1702
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in the Kenmare bay hotel for 5 nights with my husband and our two small children last week, I was very impressed with the lodges and we were very happy with our accommodation and the short walk to town. The pool area was great also for the kids and the staff were generally very nice and very helpful. I was very disappointed however with the play area in the dining room and the playground. The dining room play area was really filthy, the rubber mats were black with dirt and the toys had not been cleaned in a very long time. I am not a germ freak but it was really obvious to me that while the rest of the dining area was clean the kids area is ignored and not cleaned on a regular basis. The kids playground had a very dangerous broken plastic see saw in it, with sharp pieces jutting out, there was no sand in the sand pit, there were several chairs which had been painted but the paint peeled off on my older childs hands when she was playing with the chairs, the baby swing needed repair and one of the two childs swings was completely broken. Part of the reason I booked to stay here was for the kids facilities and I was very disappointed with the state of these facilities. I did mention it to reception on check out and filled out a form but I have heard nothing from management in relation to this (which is also disappointing since I see there is regular responses to reviews on this website!!!). I sincerely hope they have actioned it for the safety and comfort of future guests and their kiddos!

Room Tip: Lodges were fantastic for families, even better than expected from the reviews on this website
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank audmk
Dear Guest

Our sincere apologies that you found the kids facilities disappointing and the guest questionnaire was not received by me
During the week of your stay we were in the process of repairing and upgrading the kids play area and playground regrettably this had a impact on your stay
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future to show you these changes
Kindly contact me in this regard
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

lovely hotel great location staff so friendly and helpfully room wad a little dark and I explained at reception my partner was a llittle claustrophobic they changed us to same type room in second floor with lovely view of mountains they were great throughout our stay which we extended due to.good weather,good hospitality, good good no complaints about this Hotel had a most enjoyable stay Ann and Michael '

• Stayed June 2014
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us.

I was pleased to see that we were able to accommodate your request with the room, we always aim to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible to enable everyone to fully enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we would very much look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay in the Kenmare Bay Hotel.This is a lovely hotel,
only a five minute walk to the centre of town. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely spacious and spotless room. Breakfast was excellent with a great variety of cold and hot dishes and the staff were very attentive.The hotel is ideal if you intend touring the Ring of Kerry or the Beara Peninsula. We really enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hickey11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us after your recent stay in Kenmare and for taking the time to write your review.

I was pleased to see that you found all the facilities and accommodation to your liking and that the staff were both friendly and helpful. There is a great ethic in the staff here to provide all of our guests with a positive memorable experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andrew Rees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Brook Lane Hotel
Lansdowne Arms Hotel
Lansdowne Arms Hotel
#6 of 6 in Kenmare
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!