Hawthorn House
The Rose Garden B&B and Cafe(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$106
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$128
An Bruachan(Kenmare)
US$141
US$106
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$188
US$112
Avelow House(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Wander Inn(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$531
All reviewsmary o'brienring of kerryoff street parkingthe main streetlocation is greatroom was largeample parkinghear everythingself cateringrestaurants and pubsnice sizebreakfast was deliciousbeautiful townbeds were comfortableirish breakfaststayed here for one nighttwo nights
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed a extra day because we were so comfortable and enjoyed Mary's company. The B&B is the prefect location for this beautiful town and area to explore. Oh did we mention Mary she is a delightful Lady. The rooms are very nice and clean and breakfast are very good also.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil l
Reviewed 21 December 2013

WE WERE BACK TO HAWTHORN HOUSE in Nov 2013 and that same warm friendly welcome and family atmosphere was still there, Mary the owner all I can say is (YOU CAN'T BUY PERSONALITY) and Mary has just got it, the Kenmare / Killarney road was breath taking with the red holly berries so plentiful and the golden Autumn leaves the beauty will never leave my mind.

Room Tip: no swimming pool but the sea is near but not in November
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank helenapaulina
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is my second time to stay in this guest house and I feel compelled to write a review. Firstly u will NOT get a better location for exploring this fantastic town I just love Kenmare. Secondly I can not understand any of the negative comments the owner is lovely she rubs a very busy b & b and still had time to help us with our minor issues she was warm funny and u felt u were an old friend. This is not a hotel its a family run business. Last time we had a group n stayed in newly built apartment beside house this time we got to stay in the most fantastic wooden cottage again just outside the back door we had to walk into the house for bfast. It was amazing the host mentioned her husband had made everything in the room it was just lovely so romantic a wooden château. Only negative I didn't find tea n coffee facilities until I was leaving. We did find parking a problem as they were so busy but they directed us next door perfect really.
We will definitely be back I can not recommended this guest house highly enough and I promise to put up pictures when I get home. Ps last time we stat teen daughter babysat for us was such a treat this year we escaped alone. Recommend Packeys for dinner pricey but a real treat all pubs amazing. And ask host for ideas where to go so helpful we found amazing pub beside sea middle of no where packed lol u got to love kerry... see u soon kenmare n the Hawthorn best place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank BogChick
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A wonderful, homely, B&B. Very reasonable rates and friendly staff.
And it's only a few yards from Henry Street with its shops, restaurants, pubs and cafés. Kenmare is a great town and Hawthorne House is an ideal place to stay. We would definitely go back there, in fact I'm sure we will!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I spent one night at Hawthorne House in September 2013 prior to driving the Ring of Kerry. It was a perfect location just steps from all the shops and restaurants. Mary was a delightful host and made us feel very at home. Our room was large and very clean. Breakfast was excellent. We would certainly recommend a stay at Hawthorne House to explore Kenmare and the Ring of Kerry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple