Brook Lane Hotel
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$134
US$130
Travelocity
1,023 results
All reviewsboutique hotelring of kerrylovely hotelirish dancingshort walkwould highly recommend this hoteltwo nightshotel barsmall hoteltop classtown centresmoked salmonlovely roomfollowing morningtea and coffeecomfortable roomsbeara peninsula
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I, along with my wife and 6 month old daughter, stayed at the Brook Lane hotel as part of our St. Patrick's Day trip along the West Coast of Ireland and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. It was our first stop and got the trip off to a great start. Kenmare is a great little town with plenty of Pubs and Restaurants and centrally located between the Ring of Kerry and the RIng of Beara.

The hotel itself is wonderful. Very modern, comfortable, spacious, etc. It's just outside of the main part of town, but is only a short walk to get to the center (5-10 min, easy walk even on a March night).

The whole staff was so great and even had our 6-month old smiling and laughing. They provided great information on the surrounding area, and our only regret was not getting to visit the Ring of Beara, which we had not heard of prior to our visit (I guess we'll have to return.

There's a reason why this is the #1 hotel in Kenmare. We had absolutely no complaints. A big thank you to the whole staff at Brook Lane for being so great to our daughter.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nads1028
Management response:Responded 2 September 2011

Lovely review ,thank you for taking the time ,we really do appreciate all comments ,the summer has been very busy in Kenmare so apologies for slight delay in replying to reviews ,The Ring of Beara is indeed very Beautiful ,so hopefully you can visit on your next trip
Best Wishes
Una Brennan Owner

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was fortunate enough to attend my best firend's wedding reception here at the Brook Lane. I was amazing! Siobhan & Una and the rest of the hotel staff were wonderful. A lot of the guests were from America and they made us all feel welcome and at home. If I ever make it back to Kenmare - I will be staying again. Also, the restaurant in the hotel is fabulous and one of the best meals I had while in Ireland. Oh! And the brown bread that is make in house is to die for!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 September 2011

Thank you for your fabulous review - delighted that you enjoyed your visit,All our breads cakes and cookies are made fresh daily in our kitchen
Hope you had a safe trip home and until the next time,

best wishes Una Brennan Owner

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel is great, lovely inside, the room decor was nice and modern and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to help. We were staying with a baby that was busy crawling around and the staff were great, even carried her up to our room when we first arrived! The staff in the bar were friendly also and the manager wanted to give me another meal when my meal wasn't to my liking (nothing to do with the food, it was lovely, I just chose something that I wouldn't normally eat). I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 September 2011

Thank you for your superb review. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your visit.Hope to see you and family back in Brook Lane Hotel soon
Una Brennan Owner

Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family and I stayed in the hotel for my brother's wedding. We all found it to be very friendly and all the staff to be very accommodating. The meals and rooms could not be faulted, it was of the highest standard. Everyone from the wedding party said how friendly the staff were and how the food they had got was very delicious and well presented.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 September 2011

Thank you for your fabulous review - really appreciate it and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon some day.
Una Brennan ,Owner

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just wanted to say thank you to Siobhaun and also to Peter (who took excellent care of us very late on Thursday night!), and to the rest of the superb staff at Brook Lane!! The service is excellent, the restaurant outstanding, and the rooms were very clean and very nicely decorated. (The shower was fantastic -- great water pressure which is very important to me!) The dinner we had at Casey's Bistro was outstanding, and the breakfasts were excellent as well. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and attentive, they make you feel like you are at home. If ever I have the opportunity to visit Kenmare again, I will undoubtedly stay at Brook Lane! Oh, btw, one of our family members that stayed with us last week (in the Studio apt) took one look at the Studio room, and immediately booked it for another trip she will be making in August with her husband and kids!! We all loved it! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Luxury room which was very clean and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank scoopy622
Management response:Responded 2 September 2011

Great review ,thanks ,It was a pleasure having you stay with us, the Studio apartment is ideal for families as it has two bedrooms and a separate dining living area ,
Kind Regards