“Simply the Best”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Cork
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding. We were treated like royalty for start to finish by staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them - even down to the needle I needed for a last minute adjustment to a hem!! Siobhan on reception is a real asset and most welcoming. The barstaff were extremely efficient and the man in charge of organising the wedding party (whose name eludes me now) was first class. It is a beautiful, quirky little boutique hotel - none of the "sameness" of chain hotels - very individual. with lots of character. Rooms were absolutlely lovely, roomy and spotless. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is only about an 8-10 min walk from Kenmare town, where there are a number of restaurants to choose from. The food in Brooklane is really good. Breakfast in the morning was individually cooked. There was also an abundant array of homemade pastries and beautiful fresh fruit. Would I recommend? Yes highly! Would I return? Give me half a chance and I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Nadiecork
, Una Brennan Owner / Proprietor at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Delighted you enjoyed the wedding and your stay with us ,I will pass your comments on to Pat and all the Team .
Kind Regards
Una Brennan Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Clonmany, Ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my sisters for a weekend. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficent, I couldn't fault them. The room was lovely and clean. Breakfast was served until 11o' clock, perfect if you have had a late one! The hotel is located within walking distance of kenmare town another plus. We also ate at the hotel both nites and the food was just beautiful. I could not fault this hotel. :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your fabulous review - really appreciate it and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon some day.
Kind regards Una Brennan Owner
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I, along with my wife and 6 month old daughter, stayed at the Brook Lane hotel as part of our St. Patrick's Day trip along the West Coast of Ireland and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. It was our first stop and got the trip off to a great start. Kenmare is a great little town with plenty of Pubs and Restaurants and centrally located between the Ring of Kerry and the RIng of Beara.

The hotel itself is wonderful. Very modern, comfortable, spacious, etc. It's just outside of the main part of town, but is only a short walk to get to the center (5-10 min, easy walk even on a March night).

The whole staff was so great and even had our 6-month old smiling and laughing. They provided great information on the surrounding area, and our only regret was not getting to visit the Ring of Beara, which we had not heard of prior to our visit (I guess we'll have to return.

There's a reason why this is the #1 hotel in Kenmare. We had absolutely no complaints. A big thank you to the whole staff at Brook Lane for being so great to our daughter.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nads1028
Lovely review ,thank you for taking the time ,we really do appreciate all comments ,the summer has been very busy in Kenmare so apologies for slight delay in replying to reviews ,The Ring of Beara is indeed very Beautiful ,so hopefully you can visit on your next trip
Best Wishes
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was fortunate enough to attend my best firend's wedding reception here at the Brook Lane. I was amazing! Siobhan & Una and the rest of the hotel staff were wonderful. A lot of the guests were from America and they made us all feel welcome and at home. If I ever make it back to Kenmare - I will be staying again. Also, the restaurant in the hotel is fabulous and one of the best meals I had while in Ireland. Oh! And the brown bread that is make in house is to die for!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your fabulous review - delighted that you enjoyed your visit,All our breads cakes and cookies are made fresh daily in our kitchen
Hope you had a safe trip home and until the next time,

best wishes Una Brennan Owner
Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel is great, lovely inside, the room decor was nice and modern and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to help. We were staying with a baby that was busy crawling around and the staff were great, even carried her up to our room when we first arrived! The staff in the bar were friendly also and the manager wanted to give me another meal when my meal wasn't to my liking (nothing to do with the food, it was lovely, I just chose something that I wouldn't normally eat). I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your superb review. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your visit.Hope to see you and family back in Brook Lane Hotel soon
Tralee
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family and I stayed in the hotel for my brother's wedding. We all found it to be very friendly and all the staff to be very accommodating. The meals and rooms could not be faulted, it was of the highest standard. Everyone from the wedding party said how friendly the staff were and how the food they had got was very delicious and well presented.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Una Brennan ,Owner
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just wanted to say thank you to Siobhaun and also to Peter (who took excellent care of us very late on Thursday night!), and to the rest of the superb staff at Brook Lane!! The service is excellent, the restaurant outstanding, and the rooms were very clean and very nicely decorated. (The shower was fantastic -- great water pressure which is very important to me!) The dinner we had at Casey's Bistro was outstanding, and the breakfasts were excellent as well. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and attentive, they make you feel like you are at home. If ever I have the opportunity to visit Kenmare again, I will undoubtedly stay at Brook Lane! Oh, btw, one of our family members that stayed with us last week (in the Studio apt) took one look at the Studio room, and immediately booked it for another trip she will be making in August with her husband and kids!! We all loved it! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Luxury room which was very clean and nicely decorated.