“Lovely B&B hospitality in a boutique hotel”
Review of Brook Lane Hotel

Brook Lane Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I can only join in all the great reviews: the Brook Lane is quirky, nice and provides great hospitality!

The bar is extremely nice with attentive staff and excellent food and additionally, there is live music from local bands - also very nice!

The staff is as friendly and provides individual advise like in a B&B, and there is wonderful Irish hospitality, we looked for in vain in other hotels.

Kenmare is one of my favorite towns in Ireland's West and the Brook Land is worth a stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Brook Lane Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2008

I have just returned from Kerry on Business and stayed at the lovely Brook Lane Hotel.
I was very impressed with the changes in the hotel since my last visit. I stayed here shortly after it opened three years ago.
The reception area is very stylish and beautifully lit with candles in the evening, Casey’s Bar has got some good new modern features. It nice been able to do some work on my laptop in the bar with a pint of Guinness. Wireless internet access is free here - a nice touch.
The bedrooms are clean comfortable and modern. The food is great and service is with a smile.
This is such a great hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2008

This was our 2nd visit to Kenmare and the Brook Lane Hotel was great. It's a 10 minute walk down a nice path to the the village. The rooms are very well appointed and the hotel over all is very modern and nice. We had dinner there and it was delicious. The bed was comfy and the room was very quiet.
You can't go wrong here.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 29 April 2008

We stayed in Brook Lane Hotel in Mid April. We were visiting our friends in Caherdaniel and found this hotel on the Internet. It is actually on the ring of Kerry about three minutes walk from the center of Kenmare town. This is a small Boutique hotel, as soon as we entered the reception area, we were greeted by a lovely Irish girl, (Siobhan I think her name was). Check in was efficient. The bedrooms are really five star quality, large and spotless, with luxurious Bath Robes, slippers, lovely toiletries, the bathroom even had heated floors! The bedroom had a CD and DVD player so we borrowed some music cd’s from reception. We loved the attention to detail throughout the whole hotel; the food in Casey’s restaurant at the hotel is 10 out of 10. Make sure you try the Black Sole on the bone and the grilled fish with the best risotto I have ever had. The Irish coffees were top notch. All the staffs are Irish which is great when you want to find directions back to Cork via Kinsale. We can’t wait to visit this hotel again and we hope it will be soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2008

I stayed at the Brook Lane midway through a trip involving mostly B&Bs. I was expecting a late arrival in Kenmare and thought that a hotel might offer more flexibility. I got a good price - not much more than the B&Bs I'd booked.

This hotel was beautiful. The room was large (especially for Europe), luxurious, and utterly comfortable. Breakfast the next morning - with a huge menu of options - was included and was delicious.

It is located a short distance out of town, but I had no trouble finding parking.

Kenmare is a great location from which to start traversing the Ring of Kerry - you can be on your way ahead of the tour buses.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank profmartin
Reviewed 21 April 2008

My boyfriend and I are just back from a short stay at this hotel in kenmare. While the food was delicious, we felt that the hotel is advertising itself as something it is not. From the description on the website we were expecting total luxury in a secluded location. We paid for a delux room, and we were both wondering what exactly made the room 'delux'. In essence the room was significantly standard. We both felt that the description on the website had misled us and that we could have found a similar hotel in the area at a cheaper rate. I must also add that one female member of staff was particularly rude. i can't say that I would reccomend a stay in this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008
5  Thank bridCork
Reviewed 21 April 2008

We arrived after staying in the Earl's Court Hotel in Killarney and after doing the Ring of Kerry.

So we had stayed in an amazing hotel the night before and arriving at the Brook Lane Hotel fulfill our expectations.

The hotel was very nice, a boutique hotel with comfortable rooms, nicely decorated with a trendy look. The bed was big and comfortable, perfect lighting, big bathroom.

The staff was ok, I thought that they didn't make the effort of making us feel like home. Something that happened on the Earl's Court and was plus. And that's what I look for in a hotel, and that's the only thing that I didn't like about these one.

The breakfast was delicious, but we had a small trouble because we were sitting on the breakfast room for ten minutes and nobody showed up. As soon as that was fixed, everything was perfect. The hot dishes were amazing as well as the cold buffet.

I thought that Kenmare was going to be a little bigger, but it was a really lovely town. Since it was winter, there was a lot of places that were closed, especially restaurants.

I'd love to return to Kenmare during summer and enjoy it a little bit more.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cramond07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
Lake Hotel
#9 of 39 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel

Been to Brook Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!