“The most accommodating owners”
Review of Brook Lane Hotel

Brook Lane Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed 27 July 2008

My husband, my daughter and myself stayed at Brook Lane for 3 nights during June 2008. Although I was a bit dissapointed that our rooms faced onto the street, we were not too badly disturbed by the traffic as the road was quiet in the evenings. The owners and staff of this hotel are really very friendly and accommodating and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and happy with your accommodation. Our rooms were very comfortable and when I requested feather pillows they went out of their way to get them for me even though they do not normally have them.
We throughly enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend Brook Lane to anyone visiting Kenmare.
Lorna, Mike and Tamra Barenbrug
Johannesburg South Africa

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Brook Lane Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2008

For me this hotel was fine, but not outstanding. Now why would I say that? Well, its modern rather than traditional. The bedrooms and the public areas are all new construction, and do not have that "authentic Irish" feel that I was looking for (perhaps wrongly!)

My room was modern, clean, bright and airy, but could have been any good hotel bedroom in any country. Similarly with the pub and restaurant areas.

The staff were all charming, but as in many places in Ireland, in the main not Irish staff.

So I felt I was getting a good, value for money "international" hotel in Kenmare. If that is what you are looking for then you will not be disappointed. If you want something ""Irish" then you will need to look further (though it may be difficult to find the genuine article in such as tourist hotspot as this part of Kerry)

It is the sort of hotel that I would be happy with if I was staying on business, but not really quite "personal" enough when traveling in order to appreciate the culture of the country.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We arrived at Brook Lane after a long day on the road touring the Ring of Kerry. It was so easy to find, the first place you come to on the way into Kenmare. The staff were very helpful and attentive and our room was very modern, spotlessly clean, comfy bed, and super bathroom/shower. We absolutely loved Kenmare. Excellent restaurants & pubs and just a quaint place to walk around. There is a great little dirt path to walk into town (5 minutes). Enjoyed the pub for a drink at the end of the night with some live music. The breakfast room was adequate, nothing exceptional there except for the brown bread which comes from a bakery in town.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Just returned from a 10 day trip to Ireland - stayed in B&B's, guesthouses and hotels. In the hotel category, the Brook Lane was the best! Beautiful decor, very helpful staff, a very short walk down a nice pathway to town. Our room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the amenities such as lush terrycloth robes to slip into.

Kenmare is a great town - you have access to the Ring of Kerry, or better yet, try the Ring of Beara (much less crowded and has spectacular views), and the selection of good restaurants to choose from is amazing for a town of its size.

Smart travelers will avoid honky-tonk Killarney and stay in Kenmare!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank 2,203
Reviewed 12 May 2008

We booked the Brook Lane Hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and once again you didn't steer us wrong. It was by far our favorite hotel during our trip. Every detail was attended to. Every member of the staff acted as though they were the owner. Every special request was responded to with a "Yes, of course." You can really tell that the staff is given the authority to make your stay a happy one.

We stayed two nights and we had dinner at the hotel both nights because the food was so good. Breakfast was great. The service everywhere was outstanding and we noticed that the staff could jump in anywhere, somebody might be working the reception desk one day and serving breakfast the next. Our server gave us a lot of information on things to do and places to go.

I can't say enough about the Brook Lane Hotel. Go. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen2248
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I can only join in all the great reviews: the Brook Lane is quirky, nice and provides great hospitality!

The bar is extremely nice with attentive staff and excellent food and additionally, there is live music from local bands - also very nice!

The staff is as friendly and provides individual advise like in a B&B, and there is wonderful Irish hospitality, we looked for in vain in other hotels.

Kenmare is one of my favorite towns in Ireland's West and the Brook Land is worth a stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I have just returned from Kerry on Business and stayed at the lovely Brook Lane Hotel.
I was very impressed with the changes in the hotel since my last visit. I stayed here shortly after it opened three years ago.
The reception area is very stylish and beautifully lit with candles in the evening, Casey’s Bar has got some good new modern features. It nice been able to do some work on my laptop in the bar with a pint of Guinness. Wireless internet access is free here - a nice touch.
The bedrooms are clean comfortable and modern. The food is great and service is with a smile.
This is such a great hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
Lake Hotel
#10 of 38 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel

Been to Brook Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!