“Only had dinner”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
San Francisco
“Only had dinner”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ate here per recommendation of a lovely woman I met in town. It's a little bit of a walk - few mintues - but a lovely walk from town center, The staff in the restaurant were very nice. I remember having a wonderful, fresh ceasar salad with bacon (a habit I picked up on the rest of my trip!). I was not that crazy about my main course but that was my own fault, without thinking I ordered a baked seafood dish and I don't like cheese and seafood together. The dining room and the hotel entrance were really lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about our food in Casey's Bar and Restaurant
Do come and stay with us on your next trip to Kenmare
Una Brennan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Ireland, Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My second stay at the Brook Lane, and again the hotel certainly didn't disappoint. This hotel must be commended on the little extras that set it apart from its competition. The hotel is incredibly clean, and everything is pristine. You feel that you can walk on the carpets, without picking up a case of athletes’ foot, which is unusual for most hotels! Everything works in the room, and is as it should be. The food in the restaurant is superb, in fact it’s worth a visit even if you are not staying in the hotel. A particular thanks to the breakfast chef, Karen – her food is ... WOW! Best hotel breakfast I have had in as long as I can remember, and the food is laid out on the plates in as pristine a manner as the hotel itself. The service is excellent, again nothing is any trouble for the staff, and they are very friendly, and welcoming. Siobhan even remembered I had been there the previous year... now that’s good PR. I will definitely be back. Without a doubt, the best hotel in Kenmare.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner ,Manager at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review , will pass on your lovely comments to Karen and Siobhaun
Dublin
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for a long weekend. Great service room was very nice. Staff are excellent and a great help the afternoon tea and dinner in the dining room were both very good even the piano music was good. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us ,every Wednesday we have our very own Riverdance in the Hotel ,Local Irish musicians ,dancers ,for the local school of dance ,a great Irish experience !
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I spent two lovely nights at the Brook Lane during a bike trip to Ireland. It is smartly decorated, clean and the food is good but that is not what sets it apart. The staff was absolutely fantastic. They helped us with the unexpected issues that come up during travel. Collin, who works in the pub, was absolutely charming. He told us about the interesting history of the area, gave us tips on what to do in town and poured the perfect pint. Well done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for your very kind review,I will pass on your comments to Colin ,glad you enjoyed the Guinness,
Do call back and see us sometime
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I have just spent two nights at this lovely hotel, I cant praise the staff enough for alltheir help, we had to leave the hotel at 5am to catch a flight, when they realized this they opened the breakfast room just for us even though it doesnt open until 8am, thank you so much it was such a lovely gesture. The hotel food was amazing and very reasonably priced, the rooms were lovely and would recommend upgrading to superior as an evening meal is included. Very clean and immaculate and definitely going to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your lovely review and glad to hear that you will be back
Best wishes
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Una and her staff are absolutley amazing! This charming hotel is the perfect place to stay while in Kenmare. Great food, great hotel and great service! The rooms are wonderful and the hotel is so comfortable. Most importantly the staff is so friendly and the breakfest is great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Lovely review ,thank you for staying with us
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I want to tell you a story about the wonderful people who work at the exceptional Brook Lane hotel.

Late the afternoon of our final day there, I discovered I had a serious problem with our car, and without getting someone to hopefully fix it first thing next morning, I would have an issue completing the remainder of our vacation. Problem was, this was a bank holiday of a three day weekend.

I mentioned the issue to someone at the front desk, and even without asking for help, the entire hotel it seems swung into action. It was amazing -- after a bunch of calls they found a garage owner who ended up picking up our car at 8:30pm and delivered it back at 11:30pm in perfect working order. I couldn't believe it.

I tried to offer something to one of the hotel staff who spent a lot of time helping me communicate with the foreign-born mechanics, but he would not even let me buy him a beer. Everyone just helped because that is their nature, that's who they are.

The owner, Una Brennan, was really helpful, making calls herself and letting her employees step away from their busy duties to help.

We found every person in Ireland to be kind, cheerful and helpful. But the staff at Brook Lane Hotel simply blew us away with their sincere desire to help us -- always with a smile and that Irish optimism. We won't forget it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review ,delighted everything worked out for you and your car was back in action ,Our local mechanic is a real gem ,great service at 8pm on a friday evening of a bank holiday weekend .
Hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kenmare sometime
Una Brennan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#9 of 38 in Killarney
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel

Been to Brook Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!