“Fantastic value and stay”
Review of Driftwood

Driftwood
Ranked #20 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
County Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic value and stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My partner and I recently stayed in the Driftwood B&B in Kenmare and is also about ten minutes walk from the town centre.
We were greeted on arrival by Peter who addressed my partner by name which I thought was a nice touch and he showed him the layout of the property. On entering Driftwood our first impressions was wow, it was spotlessly clean and inviting. There is a large lounge area downstairs, great for relaxing in.
Our bedroom was lovely and spacious with a comfy double bed, wardrobe, tea/coffee facilities and a nice TV. The bathroom was a good size and also had shower and soap necessities attached to the wall and towels. Again both the bedroom and bathroom was immaculately clean.
The next morning we went down for breakfast which was so peaceful with music playing in the background, Enya I think, which was a lovely touch. You can pick and choose your own cereal and there was a selection of breads also and fruit. At our table there was a menu with great variety from which you could choose from ranging from sausage, bacon, egg, scrambled and poached egg and also pancakes with either strawberries or bacon as a side. I opted for pancakes with strawberries and my partner had pancakes with bacon, both served with maple syrup, it was absolutely delicious. Mignonne served us freshly ground coffee at our table and was an extremely friendly host.
Overall, my partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Driftwood and will most definitely be returning on our next stay in Kenmare.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simpicious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Booked this as a base to explore the area. It was perfect. The town itself is very interesting and has lots to see. We were there on a Wednesday for market and bought fresh produce for a roadside picnic on a beautiful sunny day. The house is beautiful and it is meticulously maintained. Could not fault our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Once again I stayed in Driftwood B&B, with Mr and Mrs Peter and Mignonne Williams in Kenmare - a jewel in the Kingdom of Kerry. Welcoming and spotless accommodation. This was a wonderful stay. The B&B is comfortable and extreemly clean. I took the appartment on this occassion so self-catered. Because of the glorious weather in Kerry, I was able to sit on the patio, sip my coffee and read my book. The Williams are welcoming and warm and are very conscious that their guest enjoys their home and their stay with them. They are helpful and advised me of the nearby interesting places to visit. The town of Kenmare is a "bijou" town. It has plenty of resteraunts and nice shops. This place is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms upstairs are very good. Also the appartment is very comfortable and private.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank InezMahony
Albany, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We did 2 nights at the Driftwood in July, my wife and I, and our two kids (19 & 18). We arrived late afternoon, and Peter greeted us by name. The place is spotless, and everything looks new. Peter gave us a good recommendation for a place for dinner, and the town is an easy 10 minute walk. He also made a call for us to get a spot on a boat for Skellig Michael Island, which had been sold out when we called on our own. They only have 4 rooms, I think, so it's like staying at someone's nice, big house (we booked two rooms). We had to get an early start the next morning, but Peter had the kitchen ready early, and made the 4 of us a great breakfast (the next day, too). The rooms/beds were very comfortable and clean, and the power shower was awesome (I didn't know what "power" shower meant, but it means tremendous water pressure, which felt great). The bathroom also had a wall mounted soap dispenser, and a wall mounted shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispenser in the shower - handy. The place was very quiet, and would not be suitable for loud people or those who might like to party late, and come stumbling in noisy. The price was right (94 Euros/night for each room), and they took very good care of us. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank schoolbusguy
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Driftwood Sat and Sun nights, Peter and Mignonne made us feel very welcome in their home, our room was really nice and spotlessly clean, with a great shower, the room was serviced after our first night,and the breakfast was great, it's a beautiful house and the breakfast room is very light and has lovely decor. I was delighted with the off street parking
I would recommend Driftwood to anyone looking for B+B in Kenmare.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at Driftwood. It is very clean and quiet. The rooms are very simply decorated but all the amenities are available. The hosts Peter and Mignonne are very kind and willing to provide their recommendations for trip ideas and destinations. It is about a 10 minute walk into town, which is nice because it gets you away from the crowds and is a nice way to get some exercise (and walk off your dinner). We were fortunate to have excellent weather during our trip and enjoyed the walks and our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Co
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay at the Driftwood B&B. After a long day of driving, we found the B&B to be very comfortable and quite and serene. The color pallet and decorations reminded us of the beach. Peter and his wife were wonderful hosts and breakfast was delicious. We especially enjoyed the pancakes. The Driftwood is a comfortable walk to downtown Kenmare.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple