“average”

Kenmare Bay Holiday Homes & Lodges
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in one of the "5 star" lodges for a week. On arrival the girl on reception was lovely and we got checked in early. First impressions of the lodge were lovely but looking closer they are not 5 star like advertised. There is definite wear and tear on them. The carpets were stained in both bedroom and the curtains. The duvet on our bed was torn. The fridge seal was falling offf and the dishwasher did not work properly.
Our phone did not work and one of the shower doors was falling off so I called reception on my mobile and spoke to a man who had absolutely no interest in listening to me. His manner was awful and I think he just wanted me off the phone. We had two people come to fix the problems and they put a temporary fix on the shower but the phone was never fixed over the week.
Also I used the ironing board and it colapsed nearly landing on my foot!
I used the swimming pool with my daughter every day and it was great.
We went to the childrens playroom and it was not great. Lots of broken toys and a very small area. The playground was ok.
We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was very good and had bar food one day and that was great aswell.
Overall I dont think you are getting great value for money here as the lodges are expensive and you get nothing i.e no breakfast and no cleaning for the money.
On checkout I was unfortunate enough to find that same guy ( I think his name was Jason) and he did not even ask me did we enjoy our stay. I was so baffled by his bad manners that I didnt bother saying anything to him. He barely looked at me. We have stayed in alot of hotels in ireland and I have not experienced manners like this.
We won't be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 22O

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here for a vacation to see the Ring of Kerry and Ring of Beara.
Great place to stay to cook and have a little home away from home while on vacation.
Only a two minute walk from town for some great food at Packie's (get the potato pancakes for sure). I would definitely stay at this resort again next time I am in Kenmare. Had a great time at this location and it was kind on the budget also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Holiday Homes & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in the beautiful area of Kenmare. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Rees.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the lodge midway thru our trip. Prior to this stop, had been to B & B's and hotels. There were 4 of us traveling. We rented a 2 bedroom lodge, each had there own bathroom.

We were able to wash clothes and eat in a little. The price as way cheaper than the hotels and it was nice.

The location was walking distance from town. This made each couple independent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all of our facilities that our self catering holiday homes have to offer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Rees.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed with family in a two bedroom holiday home. It was very clean and spacious. Two bedroom and thee bathrooms. A big kitchen-living room area. A well closed in back garden. A very safe and comfortable house. We had the use of the hotel leisure center which was free to all residents of holiday homes. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend the hotel and also the holiday homes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Booked two of the forelands houses which are located 5 minutes walk from main hotel. Houses fabulous and fit purpose of large group of adults and kids. Lots of room and clean and spacious. Great location as a base for exploring surrounding county and town of kenmare. Made great use of excellent swimming pool facility with great staff here. Great value for money.

Now for the negative. As a group travelling with young but well behaved kids one of the reasons for staying in an affiliated house to the hotel was with the intention of eating in the hotel and maybe enjoying a couple of drinks without feeling in the way because of the presence of kids. However on our first drink in the hotel and before ordering food one of party was spoken to very rudely by a staff member regarding one of the toddlers who was exploring the environment as those just started walking tend to do. All our party are professionals in various sectors and all agreed the comments were very inappropriate and rude. This put us off immediately using this amenity and being typical irish did not make a scene and complain but rather took our business elsewhere for the duration of our stay. All the other restaurants in kenmare were more than happy to take the business of 8 adults and 6 children and make us feel more than welcome even with a few kids. While very happy with all other aspects of our stay and in today's climate I'm sure the hotel would rather have gained some of our business while staying at the affiliated houses which was lost due the rudeness of a staff member.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroomed holiday homes for a friends wedding in June.On arrival-parking right outside the door and the house itself was just beautiful! :) So nicely decorated,clean,tidy,bright and welcoming!We stayed for 2 nights and the value between 6 of us was fantastic.Really enjoyed our stay & will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Just returned from a week in the luxury lodges . We had a ball , the staff in Kenmare Bay from the moment of booking were wonderful . We had a large family party travelling with the older folks staying in the hotel . Everyone from 2 yrs old up to 80 years had a ball . The teenagers loved the swimming pool , the younger ones went to the kids club and made us all shortbread biscuits which were delicious . Many thanks we will be back , perfect location and houses were clean , well kept and stocked .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family