“Outstanding. Best place I stayed in all of Ireland.”

Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 60 Kenmare B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Outstanding. Best place I stayed in all of Ireland.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nothing compares to Davitts. I travelled all over Ireland for 2 weeks and wished that every B&B & hotel was like Davitts. From the start, Mary greeted us as if we were family. We had an enormous room overlooking the main strip, which was sunny, inviting, and spotless. The location is perfect - you're in the heart of the town and can pop into the room whenever necessary. We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs which was delicious. The staff were so nice and genuinely fun to talk with. They work so hard to make sure you have a nice experience. Definitely get the breakfast in the morning - huge selection, tasty, and filling. Mary and her staff made our stay so enjoyable, it's the only place to stay in Kenmare. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my second stay at Davitt's and I was once again pleased with the rooms and the service. The rooms are very spacious, with big skylights and huge bathrooms by european standards. The bed was very comfortable. The wifi wasn't working properly when I stayed but I was told they were working on it. The food in the restaurant is very nice as well and the breakfast is great! Try the french toast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with the skylights!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kilkee, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This guest house is amazing. From our arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble. I stayed here with my Sister and Brother in law. Both rooms were very clean and tastefully furnished.
We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be wonderful. Our waiter, Kurt, was both attentive and amusing and deserves recognition for this. We were treated to live music on the night too an added bonus.
The breakfast menu was very varied and plentiful and delicious. If your still reading this and not yet booked I urge you to do so you will not be disappointed. Congratulations to Mary and all the staff at this great guest house.

Room Tip: Ask for directions to the car park at the rear of the building as the street outside is always full...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tampa
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had booked three nights at Davitts - which included breakfast in the morning. Our room was on the top floor and had three of these windows that opened up for air movement. Plenty of room. It appeared that these rooms (we were traveling with another couple) had been recently renovated. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 June 2014

At the last minute, partly because of weather and partly after driving on the narrow country roads, I changed my plans to stay in Skibbereen and get a bit closer to Dingle. I am so glad I did and so very glad to get a last minute stay at Davitts. What a great value for a lovely and large room. Everything was beautiful and breakfast was outstanding. I had the French toast as I was a bit tired of eggs and Mary did not disappoint! Berry compote and mascarpone or something plus real maple syrup – it was wonderful and the buffet was outstanding as well. It is right smack in the middle of Kenmare. This little town turned out to be one of my favorites and I highly recommend a stay here. While parking is a bit crowded in the back you can park on the street just behind the inn with no problem. Thank you Mary and thank you for helping out with directions, I did take the ferry ride over to Kilrush or Kilmer – nice change of pace!

Room Tip: I had a room in the back it was very quiet, not a great view but that was fine and I think I had a b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First of all we only had dinner and drinks and did not stay in the guesthouse area.

My wife and I found it hard to choose what to eat as they have a great menu. We selected a Sirlion steak and Fish & Chips and completely enjoyed our meal. We had another couple join us and a good time was had by all.

We were charged an extra beer and extra wine but decided it best to let it slide as the meal and service was top notch.

We will again visit Davitts when we return to Kenmare in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here in February for a few days. The room was spacious, bright and clean. The food served in the pub was excellent particularly a wonderful breakfast buffet with lots of variety. I would recommend Davits highly. The only downside was the parking which was a bit awkward and very little space. But overall a great comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple