“Very Central to visit the rings ..”
Review of Druid Cottage

Druid Cottage
Ranked #57 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Warm welcome from the owners ... bedroom on the rear is very small as the shower .for one night stop is ok , the Breakfast was good ..

Room Tip: Rear bedroom is very small , one night is ok
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catlamur

Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night. Our room was sufficient. I thought the name Druid Cottage sounded so mysterious, and expected the house to have some sort of 'history' so I was a little disappointed when Bernadette said it is just a few-hundred years old house. Our room was nice, if a bit small. Bathroom small too. We were the only guests at the time we were there. Bernadette was very friendly and helpful. Gave us lots of suggestions of what to do and where to go. We loved the town of Kenmare and I would love to go back. Breakfast was good as well. Great location!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W1nterBaby
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and i stayed in druid cottage in spring time last year and have just booked a return trip .What a wonderful place to stay and unwind for a few days we are so looking forward to it can not wait to return.Judy and Dale

Room Tip: Back of house is so peacefull we slept it out
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in druid cottage for 3 days in Oct we had a wonderful time host could not have done enough for us it was like home from home wonderful food and lovely warm cosy rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This B&B is quite old, so maybe it is why the room was damp, cold and smelled heavily of mold and mildew. The bed linens were wet, sheets and spread, and stank. It was hard to sleep as the beds were hard and wet. It was hard to breathe with all the mold in the air. Stairs were hard to traverse with luggage. Not sure if the landlady actually wanted guests, as she was not very friendly. Breakfast room was cold. Shower did not work properly. Heat went off after our arrival and did not come back on. So we tried to sleep in a cold, damp, smelly room, with stinky linens. Overall experience was of discomfort and we could not wait to leave. We chose another B&B for the next day. I would not recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at this place.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wanderlusting1951
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Landlady needs to show loyalty to guests who have booked in good faith and not kick them out when she gets a better offer!!!!!
We booked 2x nights but were kicked out to make room for others who ??? made a better offer!!
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Also needs to wash bedding!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Although the place looks pleasant from the outside, the rooms are small and the bathroom even smaller. The Landlady was very unfriendly. I was booked in to this place for a cycling trip and had to go there twice. Thankfully the Landlady was not there for the 2nd visit.
Hoever, on the first stay, it was raining in the morning so we thought we could delay our start to see if the rain would let up. The Landlady informed us that we should bring our luggage out the room as it would be picked up in 15 minutes (After 2.5 Hours was still not picked up). Unfortunately I had a puncture on my bike and had to repair and needed to go into town (15 minute walk). Finally I was ready to leave at 11:45. I asked if I could wash my habds and use a toilet. "No", I should go down to the next hotel and use the facilities there ! Great hospitality eh ?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo