“Charming, friendly, perfect stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenmare
Whispering Pines B&B
Ranked #10 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Annapolis, Maryland
“Charming, friendly, perfect stay”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

When we arrived without a reservation, we received a warm welcome from Mary, her daughter and granddaughters, offered tea and cookies, and introduced to other visitors with whom we had a lovely chat. Mary helped us in every way to have a comfortable and pleasant stay, giving us information about the peninsula and the town of Kenmare, which was just a couple of blocks away.

The whole B&B was charming, clean, and comfortable, and cost very reasonable. Filling, delicious Irish breakfast included. Great service all around. Highly recommend this B&B in every way.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have been to Ireland 4 times and have stayed at Whispering Pines on 3 of those trips. I would not even consider staying anywhere else when in county Kerry. The Fitzgeralds are far and away the nicest people I have encountered in a land of nice people. They are incredible hosts....and cooks....and tour guides!

• Stayed May 2010
Tracy, California
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Tea in the parlor, a good night's sleep, great breakfast and just the right information. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Maconthemove
Oreland
Reviewed 15 September 2009

In a country full of nice people, John and Mary Fitzgerald were the nicest people we met on our entire trip. Whispering Pines is a lovely B&B. It is in the perfect location… a 2 minute walk into the main part of town, yet far enough away to offer privacy from the traffic and noise. The rooms were spotless and charming, and the food was the best of any bed and breakfast we stayed at. The salmon and eggs are out of this world, and Mary’s brown bread is the best in Ireland!

To illustrate how nice this couple is, I decided one day that I wanted to go fishing. The local tackle shop did not have any worms, so John spent 20 minutes out in his garden digging through it with a shovel and filled a jar with worms for my trip. I ended up catching a rainbow trout at a beautiful lake outside of Moll’s Gap!

I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for the perfect B&B experience. We were so sad to leave and we wish we could have taken them home with us!

Steve and Kristi Loomis

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mopete42
Golden, CO
Reviewed 14 September 2009

This was my third stay at Whispering Pines. This time I was traveling with my 88-year-old father. We can't say enough great things about John and Mary. They are -- hands down -- the warmest and most gracious B & B hosts I've every had the pleasure to stay with. They truly want their guests to feel welcome, and they're completely genuine in their hospitality. Their home is impeccably clean and cozy. And the location is perfect--literally a 2-minute walk to the center of Kenmare, without the hustle and bustle (and potential hassle of finding parking) that you'd have with B & Bs right in the town center. I love the town of Kenmare as a traveling base, and I feel very fortunate to have found this lovely B & B. I hope John and Mary continue to run it for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Biscuit03
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This was our 2nd stay at Whispering Pines -- we first stayed in 2006 and came back again for our honeymoon, specifically so we could enjoy the warm hospitality provided by Mary and John, their wonderful house, the lovely non-touristy town of Kenmare, and a perfect location in County Kerry between and close to the Ring of Kerry, Ring of Beara, and Kilarney National Park. I think Kenmare is our favorite inn in Ireland, and Whispering Pines in no small part helped us discover this lovely part of the country.

We consider Mary and John dear friends, they are so friendly, warm and welcoming. There are so many B+Bs in Ireland that rest on their laurels with aloof owners who could take a good lesson at how this lovely couple interacts with their guests. I didn’t review this property on our last stay for fear of it being discovered – but Whispering Pines must be lauded and discovered, it is that good.

Kenmare is much smaller, but much more laid back, friendly, personal, easy to navigate on foot and off the tour bus route, in comparison to Kilarney. The public market on Wednesdays is small but a lot of fun with great vendors from all over Europe offering food, coffee, clothing and other wares.

Plenty of restaurant choices in town. Our faves are the Atlantic Bar for an authentic pub meal, great beer and cheer with locals, and the Jam House for wonderful coffee, pastries, breakfast and lunch. Lots of places offer live music too.

If you take a drive out to Waterville on the Ring of Kerry (45 mins), you’ll discover the incredible Smugglers Inn for a wonderful dinner or pub food and drink in the outdoor beer garden – all situated on the water with a panoramic view of the mountains, a long walkable beach and a golf club that’s hosted the likes of Payne Stewart and Tiger Woods.

I give Whispering Pines my highest rating – and I rate a lot of places around the world. Do yourself a huge favor and stay here with the Fitzgeralds – you will want to come back again and again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotelreviewer333
kansas, usa
Reviewed 4 June 2009

My husband and I stopped at Whispering Pines late one afternoon and were greeted by Mary. What a lovely lady. She showed us to our room then fixed us coffee and cookies. She met us in the sitting room and provided us with a map of the area and explained to us where we were and how to get around. She then took our breakfast order, introduced us to another guest and then left us to relax after a long day of driving. Our room was very comfortable and quiet and breakfast was wonderful.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple