“Fish haven”

Price range: US$10 - US$61
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A fish only restaurant, expensive but worth the cost. I had butterfly prawns, followed by scallops, they were cooked to perfection. My one complaint was the accompaniments with the scallops were spicy. To me it spoiled the delicate taste of the fish. They were also served with the Sea Bass, my husband said the same. Wouldn't stop us going again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband spotted OOTB as soon as we parked in the municipal parking lot at the docks across the street from it. He said, " we're going there"....I am not usually the biggest seafood fan, but I was curious, too. We went, we ate, it was delicious. The service was laid back and some of the friendliest we experienced on our two week trip. I loved how they brought chalkboards to the table with our dinner options instead of having a paper menu (just a little something different). I had the delicious pollock with a crispy potato crust. My husband had fish stew, and we shared the chili squid. We had lovely, rich desserts as well, and usually that's my favorite part. Not that night, though! I loved my fish dinner, and never thought I'd hear myself say such a thing!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Fresh seafood, well prepared, good and thoughtful service, but somehow not quite "great". Don't be put off, though. Just lower your expectations from the very high ones set by most of the TA reviewers and go and enjoy a perfectly good seafood dinner.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Only the freshest seafood and fish. All of the dishes we ordered were outstanding and the finale was a delicious desert.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Dinner - Out of the Blue - Dingle

Wine - Pinto Noir -Wiengut geil 2011 Germany €8.50 a glass - light just perfect with sea food.

Starter - we both had the flash seared squid. It came with a salad that was not drenched with vinaigrette - in fact it was perfect. There was cucumber with a light sour cream sauce. It was also perfect.

Mains - Pollock with potato crust and was absolutely delicious.

And pan fried hake with an assortment of veggies as you get in Ireland. The veggies were for the two of us.

Dessert with two spoons Ile Flottante my god this was good.

Two decade cappuccinos.