“A chance encounter with good sea food”

Out of the Blue Seafood
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$9 - US$59
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I were walking on the street in Dingle trying to decide where to eat when we saw in the corner this restaurant. We didn't know what to expect but decided to go in and check it out. We were so glad we did! The menu had items like Langoustines with sweet chili sauce, fresh oysters, grilled mackerel and pesto sauce and so many other delicious sea food options. The restaurant claims that they only serve fresh sea food and if they don't get fresh fish they don't open the place. Very well said! To make a long story short we decided to get a table. However, this restaurant is so busy that it was 6:30 pm and the next available table would be at 9:00 pm. And according to the waitress it is like that any day of the week. Since everything looked so good we got the reservation for the 9:00pm opening and came back for our dinner. We ordered the items I have mentioned above and all of them were cooked to perfection. We also had a fantastic white wine which paired very well with the fish, the oysters and the langoustines. Price wise it is not on the cheap side but you get what you pay for. Also, service was very good and all the staff were friendly and very attentive. I can easily say that it was one of the best meals we have had during our 2 weeks stay in Ireland. It is worth coming down to Dingle for a treat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay in Dingle and had wonderful food both times. The menu entirely consists of fish and seafood dishes and has a lot of variety. All our dishes were cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were just right so that you could comfortably eat three courses and not feel too full. The atmosphere is friendly and lively without being too noisy. Definitely worth at least one visit during your stay!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited here recently on a weekend night. From the outside the restaurant didn't make much of an impression so we weren't sure what to expect. From there on everything was just spot on. The décor inside is lovely, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious.

I had a prawn starter and a monkfish main. Both mouth-wateringly good. The food was expensive enough for Dingle but well worth the money. My main regret was that I didn't order the same starter as my girlfriend because her tuna starter was the best dish of the night.

As all reviewers note the menu is only written on the day based on what fish is available.

The only blot was the dessert which was average at best - a minor blot given what had gone before.

1  Thank rovingrebel
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Fresh and delicious seafood...
They change their menu every day, depending on what they fish that day.
Delicious.... the service is great and the waiters make great recommendations also....
If you are in Dingle, it's a must....

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I won't go on and on, but I could. What we have here is seafood, fresh as it can be, cooked perfectly. And the chef knows exactly which sides and sauces best complement each dish. The staff was friendly on the phone, pleasant and competent in person. You really, really want to save room for dessert. A memorable night.