“Fantastic, fresh fish”

Price range: US$9 - US$59
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Seafood Only Restaurant, perfectly situated on the harbour in Dingle. Pretty fine, interesting, colourful, fun and fresh dining for a Shack !
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful meal. The fish was very fresh, perfectly prepared. We really enjoyed our dinner, the suggestions and the casual fun atmosphere of the restaurant.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

When my husband stopped into this modest looking Dingle establishment to take a look at the menu and see about getting reservations...he was stunned when they told him : "Sorry, but we don't have menus. We wait till the days fishing catch comes in and then plan according tho the catch of the day!" Wow! that SOLD my husband and all the rest of our 7 person family group. They happily sat us all right away when we arrived, later on that evening, and the fish was prepared with gourmet care and it was simply out of this world!! We were not disappointed! This was our favorite restaurant in the whole ten day trip...by far! <3 Don't pass it by! It looks very simple and touristy almost, but OOTB is perfection when it comes to wonderfully prepared fish! <3

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great fresh seafood. Lobsters are excellent. They only serve fresh seafood. No chips! Reasonably priced. Excellent service.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

After a few times in Dingle, we managed to book a table for 6 at this restaurant...
The menu was huge, so much to pick from... Although in our party, one of us did not like seafood and there was absolutely nothing that had no fish in it. Not blaming the restaurant though. She ended ordering just a side of potatoes and dessert.
We ordered our food. Service was great, atmosphere was great too and dishes started arriving. I am addicted to seafood chowder, so that is what I ordered for starter... I eat it very often so I know what a good seafood chowder tastes like... The one I got... I could barely eat it. It had a spice (i think it is called star anise) in it, so there it didn't taste seafood chowder at all.. All I could taste in my mouth was that strong spice that changes the flavor of the whole dish. The waiter told me it is what makes the seafood chowder tasty... hold on! I ate hundreds of them and non tasted that strong different flavor. Obviously I did not finish it and it was a disappointment. Looked great though, and there was lots of fish and seafood in it, but that star i found in it ruined it. I would say they should mention it is going to have that flavor so you have the choice to take the risk or not. Spices can be nice in moderation...
The rest of the courses where good, except one of our guests' scallops which they had so much herbs on it, the flavor of scallops was completely gone. I think it was fennel what had on it, and lots of it, and that is the only thing you could taste. I understand they want to cook different and be unique, but changing the flavor of things is not acceptable if it is not stated on the menu. Simplicity would make it better. If I order scallops, that is what i want them to taste like!
I am giving 3 stars because i am judging the 5 meals we ordered and most of them were good although overpriced, but I will not run to book a table when I am back in Dingle. If I had to judge my own meal on it's own and the downfalls, i would have given just one star.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had an amazing fish dinner! Everything was super fresh with an awesome presentation! Staff were attentive and friendly. Very cool decor! Highly recommend you eat here when in Dingle! Cant wait to return.