“Cheap, close and delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Harrington's
Ranked #44 of 79 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
San Francisco, California
“Cheap, close and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

It had the best prices in town for a good-sized meal. Loved the fish and chips. Not crazy about the burgers. Service was quick and very friendly in the evening. Noticed a very long line when the tour buses were in during the day.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank hollyhersh

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great People and Harbor Watching While enjoying good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were in Dingle May 2014. We ate lunch at Harrington's Family Restaurant twice while we were there. We especially enjoyed sitting outside where we could see the harbor, and had great people watching. The food was good, and moderately priced. I particularly enjoyed the vegetable soup. It was always quite busy when we were there, and no wonder: friendly staff, good food, good prices, and great location. Remember all Irish food prices are much higher than in the USA. This is a small family restaurant--not a place for special occasions, so that rating in the trip advisor categories may give this location a lower score than they really should have. I think it is a little gem in Dingle.

1 Thank RBFC
Marietta, Georgia
“Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped for lunch. The fish tasted like it was pulled out of the bay that morning. I recommend the calamari.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank GATravel64
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Cod 'n' Chips in the Center of Dingle Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I traveled to Dingle on an organized day tour led by Paddywagon Tours of the Dingle Peninsula from Cork. Lunch came fairly late in the day, in Dingle Town itself. There were all sorts of possibilities for lunch in Dingle, but the offer by our tour driver/guide of VERY fresh fish 'n' chips and 10% off the bill took many of us to a place called Harrington's. This meant that there was a rush of business all at once, but the orders were taken very quickly, though it took some time for them to get my food to the table.

There were several fresh fish to choose from - I chose cod, and I chose well. All too often fish 'n' chips is more about the batter than the fish itself - first there's so much of it you can barely find the fish, second the batter is bad for you, it's what fattens people up - ugh! But not so here! I've only had one other fish 'n' chips experience as good, and that was on another coastal town, in western Scotland, Oban (also known for a very tasty single malt). A place very much like Harrington's, simple, but with at least 5 kinds of fish to choose.

An added reason to choose Harrington's, for me at least, is that they had Guinness on tap! If I have anything negative to say about Irish fish 'n' chips, it has to do with the latter part of that comfort food. The Irish seems to like their chips soft, mushy, compared to other places where I've had the dish, or any other dish in Ireland involving chips, for that matter. They're good potatoes (and if the Irish know anything they know potatoes) but I'd rather have mine a tad crunchier. Still, I'm not complaining, as I so loved the cod.

1 Thank DottoreGianni
Port Moody
“Outside eating on a sunny day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Dingle was the lunch stop while on our bus tour of the dingle peninsula.

So happy that we chose this place to eat! We both had cod & chips. This fish was so fresh and had ample sized portions. You'll have to order your food at the service counter and be prepared to wit if it is busy.
The place was packed and the line up was out the door on the day we were there - appeared to be a few school groups in for the day.
However, the sun was out, we had a table outside in the sun and it was worth the wait!

• 3 of 5 bubbles