“Fantastic choice...great location”
Review of Ballinvounig House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Ballinvounig House
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed with Brid for 2 nights in September. The welcome was fantastic, the room spacious and spotlessly clean, and the bed very comfortable. It was especailly nice to take the short drive out of Dingle and be able to enjoy the wonderful views from the house when waking. The location is perfect for getting into town quickly in the evening and very close to the best restaurants and pubs. Brids breakfast is mouth watering...We would definately recommend this place and intend to return. Great value for money.

Room Tip: We had a front facing large room with double and single bed. spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reevopath

Reviewed 29 October 2010

If you are looking for accommodation in Dingle, you have just found the best.
Ballinvounig House is a sheer joy and turned out to be an integral part of my holiday.

The rooms are large, spacious and immaculately clean, the views are superb,
and the breakfasts very tasty and filling. It is a mere one mile out of Dingle and
well worth the very pretty 5mins drive for the amazing views and sunrises you will wake up to in the morning. It is a family run B + B and the host Brid Sheehy ( and indeed her family ) could not have been more pleasant and helpful.

I have literally travelled the world and know great accommodation when I come across it.

To call this place a B + B, is a huge understatement.

Ballinvounig House was truly an amazing, unexpected and unforgettable part of my holiday.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
8  Thank LesleyGuinness
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Our two week honeymoon took us all around Eastern and Southern Ireland, but our stay in Dingle was the best part of it, mostly because of the great lodging at Ballinvounig House. Brid, our host, is an awesome lady who makes a mean breakfast made to order and will go out of her way for you.

The town of Dingle is 1.5 km away, so having a car will be convenient (parking available). We took a few half-hour walks into town, but Brid was always available to drop off/pick up with her car.

Our room was really nice and had a great view of mountains and the sea. Wireless internet was available as well. Overall, it was just such a lovely stay I HAD to come here to write a review.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Scottmars
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My wife and I stayed for three nights in a very spacious twin room of Ballinvounig House. Private parking was available just in front of it.The furniture was comfortable and we had a stunning view of the Dingle Bay. In the morning our hostess Brid served a delicious and plentiful breakfast with homemade bread. Thank very much you to Brid.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My sister, mother and I ended up at Ballnvounig House at the last minute after the B & B we had originally booked with made a mistake with our reservation (put us in the wrong month). It was the best thing that could have happened. Brid was delightfully charming and accomodating. Her home is clean and comfortable and the food is great. We would highly recommend her to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy539
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I was travelling in a mixed group of men and women when we happened open this guest house. We had not pre-booked and had knocked on numerous doors before another B&B owner called ahead to enquire for us here. The lady of the house was very inquisitive and chatty, but the rooms were immaculate and spacious; the breakfast was overly generous (she even insisted we bag up some scones for the journey on. The only fault we found was the plastic mattress protectors which made for a hot and fretful night (I can't think why we didn't ask her to remove them, we were there several nights!)
I would recommend this place, but only if you're driving as it's a little way out of town.
I would also recommend horse riding on Dingle beach, which the B&B owner booked for us, it was a really fabulous experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelgr0upie
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the sweet scent of honeysuckle!

Brig Sheehy, the proprietess, was very warm and accomodating. Her recommendation for dining in Dingle -- Murphy's Pub -- was spot on. She'll give you the inside scoop on what the area has to offer.

When I was battling a cold during my stay, she checked in on my and brought breakfast to me. That's service!

The room was very clean and well-appointed. On a clear day, the view of the Dingle Peninsula is stunning. It's not in downtown Dingle but certainly quite close to the pubs and shops.

I would highly recommend Ballinvounig House to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo