“Great Staff Great People to meet!”
Review of The Hideout Hostel

The Hideout Hostel
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Spending my last 4 Days in Dingle before heading back home, i never regret my stay there. Not only was the Staff very nice the Rooms were clean and i met some of my best Friends from all around the Globe there. We had a great time even if it was just sitting outside the hostel and have a nice talk. The next time i'll go back to Ireland and Dingle i will stay there again for sure!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I really cannot say enough about the warmth and hospitality of the Hideout Hostel in Dingle, Ireland. I discovered Dingle and the Hideout back 2011 and have been returning to the Hideout ever since. I personally have stayed at this hostel 4 times in my last 3 visits to Dingle. I actually returned to Dingle, and the Hideout, a second time this trip. Having been on the road for almost ten weeks and feeling travel weary, I wanted to spend my final week in Ireland in town, and a hostel, that felt like home. When stepping though the doors of the Hideout that is exactly how you will feel. From the warm welcome, to the bright sitting room, the pleasant dining area and the cozy kitchen, the Hideout takes you in and makes you feel at home. The owner Micheal and the rest of the staff are top notch, the location stellar, and the atmosphere laid back and breezy. I have enjoyed the hospitality of several hostels throughout my many journeys across Ireland and they all have a personality that are their own, but nowhere have I found a place quite like the Hideout. If you are ever lucky enough to experience the amazing town of Dingle, do it from the comfort of The Hideout Hostel as it is certainly unique unto itself and as a seasoned hostler and traveler, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I only had the pleasure of staying at the hideout for one night but it was a lovely night. I arrived too early for check-in and was offered breakfast which included yogurt, fruit, granola and juice in addition to the usual hostel fare of tea toast and jam. There's a big cozy sitting area, the wifi works throughout the hostel, and the kitchen has a homey feel. The staff were great and even came out with us that night to a great little pub. All in all a great spot, centrally located, with a very casual way about it which felt more like a bunch of friends in a house than a hostel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a great time at this hostel and the staff are very nice! My adventure in Ireland was over two weeks and I ended having some of my best memories from the people I met in the Hideout Hostel. I don't know what is wrong with the few people that have had horrible reviews...Something is wrong with them hahahah.

1  Thank flamesfreak
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed at, in Ireland and across Europe and into Morocco. You should absolutely stay here!

The staff are kind and helpful but not intrusive. They helped me find exactly the kind of shops I wanted, and told me about a great walk out around the point. The hostel provides a breakfast with yogurt (!!) and your other usuals, but in addition, they keep a kitchen with every kind of pot, pan, and utensil you could want, PLUS free tea, milk, and butter. What a boon to the solo traveler, and really, any traveler. Thanks for helping reduce waste, Hideout Hostel! The rooms were immaculate (I heard passing Aussies use the word "sparkling!"), and the common room is super cozy, with a fireplace, leather sofas, armchairs, books, and throw rugs. Rather than that sterile, sticky, down at heels hostel feeling you dread, it felt like relaxing at your favorite relative's house! The four-bed dorm was a bit cramped when there were four of us in there, and they could use hooks on all the walls and doors, but there were large windows that opened onto a quiet back street, giving the room a nice airy feel.

The location is awesome--on a quiet cut-through street, but about two blocks from just about all of Dingle (isn't hard--small town!). The Friday farmers' market was steps from the door (go to the market!!), and a wonderful bookshop and cute coffee shop just down the street in the other direction. Great cheese shop two blocks away, too! The Centra is a block past the farmers' market, with the bus stop on its other side, an ATM, and a postbox.

I was traveling alone and met some of my favorite hostel friends here. There's a wide age range, and everything from solo travelers to friends, couples, and families. The people I roomed with were polite, and it appeared that everyone else in the hostel was too, because there were no loud people at night or early in the morning, and no doors slamming. What?! Yes! It was that perfect combination of friendly and peaceful of which the traveler dreams.

Honestly, I was let down when I went to the B&Bs after this hostel. This place is that wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone (already have, in fact: a very picky traveler friend who I'm sure will love it), and will! And I would love to stay here anytime I'm back in Dingle. Nowhere better!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

From looking at the response to other negative reviews by the owner I am almost scared to write about my terrible stay in the hideout. Firstly you do not feel like a guest in this place you are more of an inconvenience. The positive and fun atmosphere of Dingle stops right at the door of this hostel. Having stayed in Dingle many times it is upsetting to see somewhere like this exists in such a gorgeous town. We found the owner very angry and aggressive and when we arrived back after an evening out he started shouting at us for room numbers. He was completely out of control. I can't emphasis enough how our stay in Dingle was so negatively impacted by picking such a terrible hostel. Accommodation wise - very plain nothing unique, bunk beds uncomfortable and not very stable. If you want to experience the true fun happy atmosphere of Dingle Town - Do not stay here!!

Room Tip: Owner is difficult so maybe talk to one of the girls working there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank dee b
Micheal B, Manager at The Hideout Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

You booked for 3; you kicked up a fuss when you arrived saying you booked for four. Your group were both intimidating and aggressive to other guests. You arrived back to the Hostel at 2am with five people in your group.

The Hideout Hostel is not a party Hostel. We expect our guests to be respectful to everyone in the Hostel and after 10pm is quiet time in the Hostel. We will not tolerate anti social behavior under any circumstances. Your group was asked to leave the Hostel in the morning. The threat of breaking my windows and a bad reviews didn’t change my mind!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had a reservation for a different hostel but happened to walk by this place and wandered in. I asked the gentleman at the front if they happen to have a private room for one for a few days. He gave me a rate of about €35 per night which is a great deal for a private room. It was a great stay and great luck to find this place. Location was great and the hostel was very quiet. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for a great place to stay.

1  Thank James W