“Welcome and cared for”

The Hideout Hostel
Victoria, Canada
“Welcome and cared for”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hostel is close to town but very quiet. The staff are fabulous - especially Patrick. All the staff were welcoming and very helpful. The dorm rooms were a bit cramped but I had the fortune to be put in a double room by myself for a night due to bookings. That was heaven. The breakfast is simple and adequate. Free wifi. Good kitchen and comfy sitting room. Outside, there was a little patio. Best of all was the friendly staff. I would
D definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Single room is a bit expensive but for 2 it is worth it.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed there a little bit by chance because the other hostel was full. I don't regret it and I even came back for 3 more days. First, the hostel is ideally situated in Dingle, a lovely city with a lot of things to do, good restaurants and pubs. Then, the staff is really kind and helpful, they gave me good information about what to do in Dingle. The size of the hostel, is ideal more like a big family house and the dorm size is perfect. I met a lot of people there, very friendly and easy to chat with. The kitchen is very handy if you want to cook your own meal, the dorms are a little bit quaint but clean and mine was quiet and I could sleep well there.So I warmly recommend this place.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have visited Dingle several times before, and knew that it would be on our itinerary for our cycling and hiking group of 11 people. The staff was very helpful and they allowed us a safe place to store our bikes. The kitchen is nice, and we prepared a sit-down dinner for our whole group which was fun! The location is great, just a little bit off the main street so that noise isn't a problem. Rooms were large and clean, and we appreciated being able to wash out some of our clothes and hang them on the line in the back of the hostel. There is so much to recommend about Dingle itself, and this place is a great choice of accomodation. Don't miss the Slea Head drive, go in the evening and watch the sun set (if you are lucky with the weather) out on the tip of the peninsula. If you are lucky, you'll see dolphins leaping about (not just poor overworked Funghi!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

When you first walk in you are met with very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is great, the rooms are very clean and you can't go wrong with the kitchen which is clean and well stocked with whatever cooking utensils you need. We were going to only stay four nights but the but extended it one more night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Hideout in May 2014, and we had a great stay! Indeed, the hostel is one of my favorites from a sixteen day trip to Ireland. I brought college students over for the first ten days, and we stayed at other hostels, but The Hideout is more like a B and B than a hostel. We didn't cook meals there though we could see that the kitchen was well-equipt for those wishing to cook their own food. It is centrally located in Dingle, my favorite small town in Ireland. There is great trad music here all within several walkable blocks. The drive around Slea Head is stunningly beautiful.

The hostel's room had a big queen size bed and it is was clean and homey. The entire property was all we could have hoped for, especially for the money. People should consider the majority of opinions about this place, not the few cranks that may post.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wurzburg, Germany
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Spending my last 4 Days in Dingle before heading back home, i never regret my stay there. Not only was the Staff very nice the Rooms were clean and i met some of my best Friends from all around the Globe there. We had a great time even if it was just sitting outside the hostel and have a nice talk. The next time i'll go back to Ireland and Dingle i will stay there again for sure!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I really cannot say enough about the warmth and hospitality of the Hideout Hostel in Dingle, Ireland. I discovered Dingle and the Hideout back 2011 and have been returning to the Hideout ever since. I personally have stayed at this hostel 4 times in my last 3 visits to Dingle. I actually returned to Dingle, and the Hideout, a second time this trip. Having been on the road for almost ten weeks and feeling travel weary, I wanted to spend my final week in Ireland in town, and a hostel, that felt like home. When stepping though the doors of the Hideout that is exactly how you will feel. From the warm welcome, to the bright sitting room, the pleasant dining area and the cozy kitchen, the Hideout takes you in and makes you feel at home. The owner Micheal and the rest of the staff are top notch, the location stellar, and the atmosphere laid back and breezy. I have enjoyed the hospitality of several hostels throughout my many journeys across Ireland and they all have a personality that are their own, but nowhere have I found a place quite like the Hideout. If you are ever lucky enough to experience the amazing town of Dingle, do it from the comfort of The Hideout Hostel as it is certainly unique unto itself and as a seasoned hostler and traveler, I highly recommend it.