“Looking forward to going back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hideout Hostel

The Hideout Hostel
Quebec City, Canada
“Looking forward to going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I guess there is something about Dingle but as soon as I stepped in the Hideout Hostel, I felt like I was home. There's a B&B feel to the place ( well my room was a two bed room that I shared with someone I didnt know. We had a bathroom to ourselves which was better than I had in other B&Bs for half the price....and you can cook and chill out in the comfy living room). The staff was helpful and relaxed and the whole place was very clean.
I would go back anytime!!
Oohh and they have the best breakfast I had in all the hostels I've seen in Ireland!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Julie L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My 18 year old son and I stayed here in late July, 2014. The place is great for a young crowd and he made friends all around him immediately. The atmosphere is lively, active, busy, with a great central kitchen that was buzzing at all hours. The only drawback is that our room was not very clean.... spiderwebs with dead bugs in them, dirty walls, and it appeared that the bathroom hadn't really been scrubbed in a while. The linens seemed clean, but everything else seemed as if it hadn't been really touched much. Carpets didn't seem vacuumed either. I'm sure with a little more time with some cleaning supplies, this hostel could be spruced up to match it's overall pleasant atmosphere. This was the only hostel that served up a light breakfast that we stayed in in Ireland!

Room Tip: Check to see if your room meets your standards for cleanliness before staying in it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jnutraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This has been my first true hostel experience, and I can only praise this team highly! Not one negative circumstance comes to mind. The staff has been beyond helpful in finding our group activities around Dingle and beyond, they have made absolutely sure we are 100% comfortable and have everything we need, and the hostel itself very lovely and clean. Our group of seven has stayed for 2 weeks and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. It's the perfect location in Dingle and you won't find a more amazing group of hosts to make your stay unforgettable.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have been staying in the Hideout Hostel for about 2 and a half weeks now, and have a week left. It has been one of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had! All of the staff are so accommodating and nice. If (when) I come back to Dingle, I will absolutely be staying here again. After a strange experience in a hostel in Dublin, this one feels like home. Michael, Margaret, and Patrick are the best hosts! Margaret set up a gig at a local pub for a friend and I who are musicians, Michael owns a fish and chips shop and fed another friend and me the MOST delicious fish, and Patrick has been more than helpful in finding local Celtic sporting events. I feel like I have a new little home away from home here in Dingle. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna S
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hostel is close to town but very quiet. The staff are fabulous - especially Patrick. All the staff were welcoming and very helpful. The dorm rooms were a bit cramped but I had the fortune to be put in a double room by myself for a night due to bookings. That was heaven. The breakfast is simple and adequate. Free wifi. Good kitchen and comfy sitting room. Outside, there was a little patio. Best of all was the friendly staff. I would
D definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Single room is a bit expensive but for 2 it is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed there a little bit by chance because the other hostel was full. I don't regret it and I even came back for 3 more days. First, the hostel is ideally situated in Dingle, a lovely city with a lot of things to do, good restaurants and pubs. Then, the staff is really kind and helpful, they gave me good information about what to do in Dingle. The size of the hostel, is ideal more like a big family house and the dorm size is perfect. I met a lot of people there, very friendly and easy to chat with. The kitchen is very handy if you want to cook your own meal, the dorms are a little bit quaint but clean and mine was quiet and I could sleep well there.So I warmly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have visited Dingle several times before, and knew that it would be on our itinerary for our cycling and hiking group of 11 people. The staff was very helpful and they allowed us a safe place to store our bikes. The kitchen is nice, and we prepared a sit-down dinner for our whole group which was fun! The location is great, just a little bit off the main street so that noise isn't a problem. Rooms were large and clean, and we appreciated being able to wash out some of our clothes and hang them on the line in the back of the hostel. There is so much to recommend about Dingle itself, and this place is a great choice of accomodation. Don't miss the Slea Head drive, go in the evening and watch the sun set (if you are lucky with the weather) out on the tip of the peninsula. If you are lucky, you'll see dolphins leaping about (not just poor overworked Funghi!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends