“best as ever”

Doyle's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$12 - US$34
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant. This multi award-winning restaurant is located on John Street in Dingle town, a small picturesque fishing town on the west coast of Ireland. This elegant restaurant is now being run by chef and proprietors Sean Roche and Anna Scanlon.Having trained in some of the best restaurants in Ireland and Europe, Sean now creates an array of modern dishes with a combination of robust and integral flavours.Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant endeavours to serve great food in a relaxed and friendly setting and continues to maintain a strong commitment to the sourcing of sustainable seafood, working very closely with our local suppliers to serve the best of local and seasonal produce.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Back in Doyles recently......had the early bird menu for €23 for 2 courses. Mussels were superb, seafood risotto was divine and the hake in batter was truely sicculent. Best meal in Dingle - don't wal past it....

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Ate at Doyles recently. Had heard and read on TA really great things.... Did it live up to my expectations... Not really. Atmosphere there is pleasant. Staff are friendly. The menu is quite extensive. However, it is on the pricey side, which is fine, provided the food is fully up to the mark. The food was good ( we all ate fish), however, the quality and portions was less than I have experienced in other Dingle restaurants. Be aware there is a huge choice of restaurants in Dingle, most of which are really good, so standards in the town are high. If I had eaten in Doyles in another town, I would have been really satisfied. Just competition in the surrounds is exceptionally high.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife & I along with another couple dined at this restaurant after having researched it for a long time prior to our trip - we only had one day/night in Dingle and had to come up with a winner. Doyles was fantastic - even the other couple, who were not necessarily seafood lovers, had seafood and all of us came to the same final statement - that this was the very best seafood we had over a period of 3 weeks touring coastal Ireland an Northern Ireland. The seafood chowder and fish and shellfish dishes, along with seafood and pasta dishes were super and the wine list was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant as the top choice in Dingle. Would love to dine there weekly!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had the most wonderful meal in Doyle's last week. My husband and son both had fish - seabass and cod- both of which they loved. My lamb dish was truly delicious.
The desserts were equally fantastic and beautifully presented.
Our experience was enhanced by the waiter's very attentive yet discreet service.
We can't wait to return.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were here 15 years ago and since then Doyle's has changed hands, but it's still absolutely delicious. Very cozy front room and a larger room in the back. We shared an appetizer of crab claws in garlic butter and it was ridiculous! We were tempted to pick up the dish and lick it, but that would be rude. Hubby had salmon on cous cous (he loved it) and I had an appetizer for dinner of giant langostinos in a kind of coconut milk curry sauce. They weren't shelled and I must say it was pretty hilarious trying to crack those puppies, and it entertained all the tables around us, but it was ultimately delicious. The place was completely packed and there were only two servers so the service was a bit slow, but we just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. If you go to Dingle, do not miss Doyle's.