“Great time. Great experience”
Review of The Dingle Pub

and 1 more site!
The Dingle Pub
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently held my rehearsal dinner at the Dingle pub and i could not have been happier. The food was great as was service. They had one of the best bands I heard during my time in Dingle. The place was packed but i still found it easy to get a drink. Highly recommend the Dingle pub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas J
There are newer reviews for The Dingle Pub

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Mixed reports on here so I was a little concerned after the long drive down from Letterkenny but I needn't have worried. My plans had changed and I arrived, unannounced, a day early not knowing if they would have a room for the night but I had no problem. Tom, the proprietor, was very busy behind the bar when we arrived but very quickly realised that we had spoken on the phone and had me sorted out in no time.

The room was simple / basic enough but clean and comfortable. The shower was good with plenty of hot water. Sure - it didn't have a fancy TV nor a fridge or anything you would get in a fancy hotel, but this isn't a fancy hotel - it is simple accommodation above a very popular and photogenic pub right in the centre of this wonderful busy town.

Throughout the stay Tom and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was limited in choice - cereal followed by full Irish - but it set you up perfect for the day ahead.

Usually live music in the evenings.

A sure sign of what you thought of a place is whether you would return and if we were visiting Dingle again, and I hope we do, then I would be happy to go back here again.

Thanks Tom for looking after us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Dingle and I have had the best time in the Dingle Pub listening and dancing to the great Irish-Americian music man. The beer is very cold and the atmosphere is very cheerful. It is so much fun to see everyone join in and sing along to the music. Wish we were staying longer than 2 nights in Dingle. Rock me Mama!!!

1  Thank Stockettinn
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had dinner at this very nice and friendly Pub. The server/bartender was great. Served food and drinks quickly. Music at 9:00 pm was excellent. We stayed across the street at the Benners Hotel so we had a quick trip home. Will visit this one again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Room is in the attic which is a loft conversion with an antiquated 10 inch TV that you cannot turn up so cannot hear it or see it as it is located round the corner from the bed on a six foot shelf. Can hear the water tank filling up in the loft space. The walls are paper thin and can hear next door having a shower. Not sure how they got planning permission as rooms 13,14 and 15 have a dubious fire escape route. Pub food good but we have been touring Ireland for ten days and stayed in lovely luxurious B&B's that have cost on average 70 euros and this is costing us 90 euros. Would not recommend staying here at all. Don't waste your money.

4  Thank Hilary1959
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great location. Walking distance to everything! We stayed in a triple room which actually had 4 twin beds in it. We had our own entrance right on the street. There was no noise from the pub at night that we could hear. Since smoking is not allowed in pubs in Ireland there was no smoke smell either. The room was clean and basic which is all we wanted and needed. I would most certainly stay here again. We had a nice time at Adams Bar down the street and the music was amazing!
Parking was hard to find. There is no designated parking area for this establishment so we had to find a spot on the street. We ended up doing 3 or 4 laps around the town coming back by the hotel before we found one a few blocks away. It was a holiday weekend so that may have been why parking was so difficult. I really don't want to leave this negative because it did not detract from our experience with this hotel..it was just a small hurdle to be aware of but it was worth it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MicheleBuckley
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I visited Dingle back in May 2013. I intended to stay at the Pub for three days; extended 6, then to 10. The owner, Tom, was always accommodating to my requests. I felt safe and secure, ate well day and nite and learned the best Irish Whiskey is Crested Ten. Can't find it here at home :-(. I booked a room on the top floor, overlooking the old church and cemetery. Room was full of light, quiet, clean, and restful. Wonderful place to stay. Short walk to all the shops, the beach and harbor. Many pubs, hotels and restaurants to check out. Village market across the street. Live music @ night, great fun, well attended by neighbors and tourists alike. You'll make a lot of new friends here. Look for my black Napa ballcap behind the bar and say hello to Tom.

Room Tip: top floor is the quiet floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo