“Great location and comfy rooms”
Review of The Dingle Pub

The Dingle Pub
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Easy to locate, just there on the main street. The room was large and spacious, even had an extra bed, which was nice. Great shower. Staff were lovely.
Breakfast was delicious, the man serving was delightful and very accommodating and lovely.
Even the pub grub food in the afternoon was brilliant. One of the best meals we had during our stay.
Only thing is when booking, we were told there was private parking, turns out there isn't, so we had to park on the main street. We were lucky to find a space, but the parking was free, so it was fine.

Overall good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are much quieter, as they are on top of the pub, and the music can be loud. Se...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sadé C

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent location in the heart of Dingle , and an excellent pub downstairs. With many others all within 2 minutes walk.
The Rebel band that night were under orders not to play too Republican songs which was advertised as a Ballad night.

The tv was hidden in a corner and the bathroom was small. The cleaners started early in the morning and were rushing us out before check out time.

Other than that a nice room in a great location.

Tiocfaidh Ár Lá

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Eire1916
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had some of the best steak here. Can't really fault the place. Session definitely on and the music was cracking. could not ask for a better overnight stay. The atmosphere in the pub alone is worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The staff were excellent and the music at night top notch. But the room was tiny, the bed hard and the noise from the pub downstairs kept us awake half the night. I will say that the room and ensuite were spotlessly clean

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven R
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently held my rehearsal dinner at the Dingle pub and i could not have been happier. The food was great as was service. They had one of the best bands I heard during my time in Dingle. The place was packed but i still found it easy to get a drink. Highly recommend the Dingle pub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas J
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Mixed reports on here so I was a little concerned after the long drive down from Letterkenny but I needn't have worried. My plans had changed and I arrived, unannounced, a day early not knowing if they would have a room for the night but I had no problem. Tom, the proprietor, was very busy behind the bar when we arrived but very quickly realised that we had spoken on the phone and had me sorted out in no time.

The room was simple / basic enough but clean and comfortable. The shower was good with plenty of hot water. Sure - it didn't have a fancy TV nor a fridge or anything you would get in a fancy hotel, but this isn't a fancy hotel - it is simple accommodation above a very popular and photogenic pub right in the centre of this wonderful busy town.

Throughout the stay Tom and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was limited in choice - cereal followed by full Irish - but it set you up perfect for the day ahead.

Usually live music in the evenings.

A sure sign of what you thought of a place is whether you would return and if we were visiting Dingle again, and I hope we do, then I would be happy to go back here again.

Thanks Tom for looking after us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Dingle and I have had the best time in the Dingle Pub listening and dancing to the great Irish-Americian music man. The beer is very cold and the atmosphere is very cheerful. It is so much fun to see everyone join in and sing along to the music. Wish we were staying longer than 2 nights in Dingle. Rock me Mama!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple