“Beautiful location and really welcoming and friendly staff”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am not long back from a long week end in the Dingle Skellig Hotel and I have to say I will definitely be going back. The hotel is located in a beautiful area overlooking the scenic Dingle bay and the views from the hotel were amazing.

My partner and I were welcomed on arrival by very polite and accommodating staff, who throughout the whole trip could not have done enough for us. Our room was very clean, spacious and very comfortable. When going here I saw reviews that it was a family friendly hotel however, I think it met our needs just as much as any family. I think it has a lot to offer families as well as a couple.

For me the hightlight of the stay was the hotel's spa. It was beautiful, I received a facial and pedicure and I must say it was complete luxury. After my treatment I was brought out into the relaxation area where I sat in the hot tub overlooking the bay, it was definitely a sight to experience. I can honestly say I could have stayed there all day.

Dingle town itself was a beautiful town,with lots of lovely little shops. The people were friendly and we had a brilliant couple of nights out in the many pubs the town has to offer :0)

The hotel is not right in the centre but only a ten minute walk to the main street but when heading out the hotel arranged a taxi to bring us down the town in the evening.

I have stayed in a number of other places in Ireland and I do believe this was a lovely stay and value for money. I will be going back without a doubt

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially your time in our Peninsula Spa. I have passed on your compiments to our staff and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel on another occassion.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Dingle Skellig Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel looks as bad inside as it does from the outside, the rooms are way outdated and its seems as if the owners are trying to extract every last penny out of the place without investing in improvements, I doubt its changed in decades. The restaurant food is probably the worst I experienced in years, and is only bar food quality, certainly not 4 star, the service is fair. The breakfast is the only good meal I had in the place. The Bar is empty most of the time, even the staff are missing when you want a drink! The reception staff are not that helpful. For the prices they charge, you would expect a lot more.

This hotel does NOT deserve four stars, when you consider Kelly's in Rosslare is also four star which in contract has excellent food and brilliant staff.

If your going to Dingle, try Benners hotel and Ashes for food ( excellent restaurant across from Benners).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CorkHolidayGuy
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay and would be obliged if you would forward a contact number and convenient time that I could contact you and discuss the isssues you raised.

Assuring you of my personal attention at all times.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel to very friendly reception evening staff, to be informed that we had been upgraded to the presidential suite compliments of the hotel. The suite was lovely and clean and provided lovely little extras that were very welcome. We had dinner on one night at the hotel, and really enjoyed that along with the breakfast which definitely filled us up for the day. Huge compliments to the team at the Dingle Skellig for making our trip so special.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review of your recent stay at the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back for another visit again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We have just returned from a short break feeling relaxed and ready for the summer, we have 3 children and had two adjoining rooms with sea views, very comfortable. The meals for the kids were great, leisure centre clean with a great pools for the adults and kids, jacuzzi and steam room. We enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant, and all the staff were friendly and helpful, especially behind reception and in the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for your review relating to your recent stay here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and our facilities in the hotel. Thank you for your kind words relating to our staff.

I hope that you can visit the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

We traveled from the US to Dingle Skellig Hotel for a family reunion/parents 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration. In all there were 8 families and a total of 31 of us there - 16 adults and 15 children. The children ranged in age from 3 to 16. We arrived on the Saturday and the rest of the family on the Sunday. Needless to say with such a large and diverse group catering to everyone's needs and keeping everyone satisfied and happy would be no small task. Dingle Skellig Hotel not only rose to the occasion but also epitomized the term "hospitality".
The hotel is in a beautiful location and is clean, spacious and comfortable. With so many children in the group no effort was spared ensuring the right sleeping arrangements were made by adding cots to rooms and providing extra pillows and towels whenever requested.
The dining room was superb...not only does it have what must be one of the most amazing views in the world - Dingle Harbor - but the food is excellent. It's fair to say that the cuisine is only exceeded by the friendly, helpful and cheerful wait staff. In fact after the second day the wait staff were calling all the children by their first names. Imagine what a treat also, to be asked as you sit down to breakfast if the kitchen can prepare you some fresh fish for your morning meal!!
There is a kid's Klub with pool table and appropriate computer games (arrayed on 8 or so flat screens with comfortable chairs to sin on) for the kids to play in. There is also a movie room with kid friendly movies showing at various times as well as a swimming pool with a kiddie pool for the smaller children.
We were the recipients of one of the most extraordinary acts of hospitality I have ever witnessed. My wife had bought our daughter a doll in one of the local stores that she had formed an immediate bond with and wouldn't let out of her sight the whole week. Unfortunately on the last day in the flurry of packing up the doll was misplaced and left behind. Upon our return to the states my wife emailed the hotel to ask them if they had found the doll. We promptly received a reply from Breda Mallon saying that they had searched the rooms we were in and also checked the laundry but couldn't find the doll. Breda then said they'd be delighted to send a replacement to our daughter...that meant going into Dingle and buying a new doll, packing it and mailing it to us!! Who does that kind of stuff anymore? The Dingle Skellig Hotel, apparently.
I travel a lot for work and am in probably 10-12 resort hotels throughout the year. I can safely say that I have never encountered anywhere else where friendly, world class service is on such obvious display.
I'd like to thank Breda Mallon, hotel manager Graham Fitzgerald and ALL the wonderful staff at the Skellig for making our stay so very enjoyable. You made our vacation!! We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank McCarthyUSA

Thank you very much for your kind words and review of your Family Groups experience during your recent reunion at the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I was delighted to hear that your family of all ages enjoyed our facilities, food and views. I have passed on your kind words to the staff and they are delighted that you received the doll for your daughter.

We hope to see you again in the Dingle Skellig Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

We made a spur of the moment decision to do a three day trip to Kerry, staying at three different hotels. First stop was the Dingle Skelligs Hotel. It was the most expensive of the three at €65 B & B. (The others were Carlton Tralee €49 dinner, bed and breakfast, and Brehon Killarney €40 bed and breakfast). Check-in was smooth and fast by a very friendly receptionist. The room on the ground floor looked out at the carpark. It was adequate if a little dated. No toileteries supplied, just two jars of liquid soap. A leaflet on our bed told us dinner for two with bottle of wine was on offer at €70. After a swim in the lovely pool we decided to walk into the town and see what was available. Eating out in Dingle is not cheap, celtic tiger prices still prevail. We decided to return to the hotel bar for our evening meal where we had a lovely meal served by very friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent, plenty to chose from. Again the staff came up trumps, repeatedly asking was everything okay. We requested a window table - the view from the restaurant must be the best in Dingle. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit in the Dingle Skellig Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your kind words to the staff. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed in the hotel for five nights then stayed another night as we enjoyed our time there so much. We have two small kids and this hotel was excellent in facilitating their needs in particular the creche which we used in the evenings when we ate.Thank you to the girls in the creche. The pool area and the spa facilities were excellent. Yes the rooms were a bit dated but the hotel gets away it because of the excellent service and friendly staff.

Views from the lounge area looking out at Dingle bay are to die for.
Will be back

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
GrahamFitz1, General Manager at Dingle Skellig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear ShaneMs

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Dingle Skellig Hotel. I amm delighted that your children enjoyed their Crech experience and I have passed on your good wishes to the staff there.

I hope to welcome you and your family back ti the Dingle Skellig Hotel in the future.