“Excellent family hotel in delightful Dingle”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent family hotel in delightful Dingle”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Exceptional quality in top class family orientated hotel in outstanding tourism location.
Service and facilities superb with excellent restaurant.
Walking distance to bustling Dingle town centre.
Great base for exploring Dingle peninsula and it's amazing scenery.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the start of our 3 night stay to finish it was a great experience. Tired and hungry we arrived on Sunday evening, 2 big events were on in the hotel but we still got checked in in no time and got excellent food in the bar.
We got checked in in no time, had a nice, clean room and the staff was very helpful with the luggage.
We took a guided tour around Sléa Head which was recommended by the receptionist and it was great. All recommendations for activities, food and other entertainment were spot on.

The Hotel itself is fantastic. The panoramic view in the breakfast room is breath taking. The selection for breakfast is the best I have ever experienced and again the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

We also got to use the Spa which was pampering excellence.

We will certainly come back again and can recommend this hotel to anybody with or without kids

Room Tip: We were in Room 314 which overlooks the bay and the view was fantastic
1 Thank Bianka M
Inagh, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I have visited in Ireland. I work in the hotel industry myself so I've been to many other hotels before, but the Dingle Skellig really ticks all the boxes. The staff were so friendly from the minute we checked-in. The view from the dining room where breakfast and dinner were served was beautiful. The breakfast itself was the finest I've ever had in a hotel. The variety and huge selection was incredible. The dinner and bar food experience on my 2nd day reached similar high standards. Homemade welcome cookies in our room was another extra touch that was greatly appreciated. We didn't have kids with us but this hotel would also be great for families. A creche, a kids club and even a large library of dvds to borrow from reception will keep any child entertained. This was my first visit to Dingle and I will definitely return. 170 people staying on a Monday night conveys how good this hotel is.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had hoped to stay in one of the nicer B&B's in Dingle (Pax, Milltown, Heatons), but did not make reservations so I was out of luck. I had read mixed reviews about the Dingle Skellig, but was tired, hungry, and ready to settle in. The front desk folks were really nice, as were the restaurant staff. However, the room was somewhat problematic. There we little to no internet connectivity in my room, which was a problem because I had learned my lesson and needed to make reservations for my next stops. The front desk attributed it to the rural location. However, I had no trouble with connectivity in several pubs and restaurants around town (and a nearby hotel lobby). Connectivity in the Skellig lobby was a little better, but still not great. I could not access Trip Advisor anywhere in the building. The furnishings and carport are a bit aged and low end. My tub and sink did not drain well. The hotel is family friendly, which is great for families with loud children, but not so much for a solo traveller wanting to sleep a little later than 7:00 a.m. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, and the view from the restaurant stunning. Like I said, the staff were really friendly. So my review is mixed. The setting and staff were great; the room was merely adequate, and the internet connectivity unacceptable. I'd choose another spot (and make reservations ahead of time) if I were to return to Dingle (which is an amazing little town).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank drmgeorge
cork
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights WK end with E/meal.View from suite over single bay brilliant. Hotel decor dated but clean and looked after. Excellent choice 4 breakfast incld special orders. Lovely views from dining room. Good selection evening meal. Within walking distance dinghle town. No need to use car unless travelling further afield. Suite should provide indiviuduasl toiletries. Outdoor tub highly recommended. Bathrobes great for use between room and pool. Creaky floorboards floor 3. However really enjoyed break

Room Tip: Choose suite with bay view
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

we recently stayed here with our 2 children. It is very suitable for children, lots of space.The staff are friendly and the breakfast was gorgeous with nice views!! Overall i thought the rooms were dated though....and the cost of food,drink etc is pricey!!!

Room Tip: ground floor is always handy with buggies
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed only one night, but thoroughly enjoyed our time spent in the Dingle area. The front desk staff was overly helpful with maps and recommendations. Drive the Dingle Peninsula as it won't take you very long and it's beautiful. Also, it was a short 5-10 minute walk into the heart of Dingle where we enjoyed Murphy's Ice Cream and a few of the local pubs. Breakfast was included with the room rate and there was a generous spread to choose from. Yes, the rooms might be dated but everything was very clean.