“Beath taking views”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Dublin, Ireland
“Beath taking views”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lovely hotel, stunning scenery, excellent food. Rooms very smart and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Idyllic place to visit. Its a great hotel for a relaxing break or as a base to tour this beautiful part of Kerry. I would go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
UK
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently spent four nights here with our three children for my 40th birthday. The hotel was lovely and with an extremely welcome upgrade to the presidential suite we enjoyed fabulous views with lots of space. We all made great use of the large balcony and freestanding bath with views of the bay. During the children's early teas, which involved a lovely junior menu, we had our first introduction to the hotel's outstanding staff who were attentive and friendly at all times (with particular mention to Aisling who went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay - she encouraged the kids to try the club, which they loved, booked us a table at a local restaurant, made hot chocolates for the kids in the bar one night before bedtime). Dingle itself was a revelation - loved its character and buzz and made full use of the many attractions (Fungi, aquarium, climbing wall, Connor Pass). I agree with some reviews about the hotel needing upgrades here and there but (luckily for the owners!) the staff more than make up for this and it did not at all dampen our stay. I have been raving about Dingle and the Skellig since we returned - well worth the mammoth six hour drive for us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

After 3 days on the road visiting the ring of Kerry and dingle, the out door hot tub on the roof overlooking the bay was the best way to top it off!
The rooms are clean although slightly dated! The bar is pleasant and all within walking distance of nice bars and restaurants in the town!
The spa and hot tub were definitely the highlight of the trip!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Exceptional quality in top class family orientated hotel in outstanding tourism location.
Service and facilities superb with excellent restaurant.
Walking distance to bustling Dingle town centre.
Great base for exploring Dingle peninsula and it's amazing scenery.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the start of our 3 night stay to finish it was a great experience. Tired and hungry we arrived on Sunday evening, 2 big events were on in the hotel but we still got checked in in no time and got excellent food in the bar.
We got checked in in no time, had a nice, clean room and the staff was very helpful with the luggage.
We took a guided tour around Sléa Head which was recommended by the receptionist and it was great. All recommendations for activities, food and other entertainment were spot on.

The Hotel itself is fantastic. The panoramic view in the breakfast room is breath taking. The selection for breakfast is the best I have ever experienced and again the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

We also got to use the Spa which was pampering excellence.

We will certainly come back again and can recommend this hotel to anybody with or without kids

Room Tip: We were in Room 314 which overlooks the bay and the view was fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bianka M
Inagh, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I have visited in Ireland. I work in the hotel industry myself so I've been to many other hotels before, but the Dingle Skellig really ticks all the boxes. The staff were so friendly from the minute we checked-in. The view from the dining room where breakfast and dinner were served was beautiful. The breakfast itself was the finest I've ever had in a hotel. The variety and huge selection was incredible. The dinner and bar food experience on my 2nd day reached similar high standards. Homemade welcome cookies in our room was another extra touch that was greatly appreciated. We didn't have kids with us but this hotel would also be great for families. A creche, a kids club and even a large library of dvds to borrow from reception will keep any child entertained. This was my first visit to Dingle and I will definitely return. 170 people staying on a Monday night conveys how good this hotel is.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had hoped to stay in one of the nicer B&B's in Dingle (Pax, Milltown, Heatons), but did not make reservations so I was out of luck. I had read mixed reviews about the Dingle Skellig, but was tired, hungry, and ready to settle in. The front desk folks were really nice, as were the restaurant staff. However, the room was somewhat problematic. There we little to no internet connectivity in my room, which was a problem because I had learned my lesson and needed to make reservations for my next stops. The front desk attributed it to the rural location. However, I had no trouble with connectivity in several pubs and restaurants around town (and a nearby hotel lobby). Connectivity in the Skellig lobby was a little better, but still not great. I could not access Trip Advisor anywhere in the building. The furnishings and carport are a bit aged and low end. My tub and sink did not drain well. The hotel is family friendly, which is great for families with loud children, but not so much for a solo traveller wanting to sleep a little later than 7:00 a.m. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, and the view from the restaurant stunning. Like I said, the staff were really friendly. So my review is mixed. The setting and staff were great; the room was merely adequate, and the internet connectivity unacceptable. I'd choose another spot (and make reservations ahead of time) if I were to return to Dingle (which is an amazing little town).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo