“Quilt Tours of Ireland”

Dingle Skellig Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our group stayed at your fabulous hotel ... was that only last week...and I enjoyed every moment (well except for the clothes dryer that did not dry! - but at least they were washed). Fabulous view of Dingle Harbour from the dining room, but never did see Fungi. Breakfasts and dinners were fabulous and you even had 2 person bottle of Prosecco. It was a very easy walk into town for some lively authentic Irish music or shopping. Well done, we had a marvelous 2 night stay in Dingle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KathyStrawson
There are newer reviews for Dingle Skellig Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice, clean, well run place that tries to make your visit run smoothly. Good location for short walk into town, yet right on the harbor. Staff was very helpful & gracious. Would stay here again if lucky enough to return to Dingle.

Room Tip: we liked our room in back, overlooking pasture and back lawn area with stone buildings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was impressed with the customer service of this place! I had written a week before our arrival stating that I would like to request a sea view room since we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and first trip to Ireland. Not only did they deliver on the sea view room, they also had a Congratulations card waiting with chocolates, cookies and bottled water. I thought it was such a thoughtful gesture and nice touch.

The room was beautiful and the bathroom was remodeled and very nice. We went to the pool but were told we couldn't use the pool without purchasing swim caps. We were allowed to use the whirlpool, and it was very nice, but the whole pool experience seemed a little bit restrictive to me, so we didn't stay long. Also, there was no place to sit at the pool. This area needs some chairs. I think I saw one chaise in the children's pool area. The pool area was very pretty, so it would make sense to sit and enjoy it, if one could sit.

The buffet breakfast at Dingle Skellig was impressive. The food was very good and plentiful, with lots of variety and a seating area with a beautiful view.

Overall I was very happy with our stay, but I found the room rate to be a little too expensive. We were splurging since it was a special occasion so I'm not dwelling on it. We were happy we chose it.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if available! Gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugs5
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mother and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was clean enough, but my mothers blanket on her bed felt like rubber as it had been washed to many times and needed to be thrown out. There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room and it was chilly at night. The hallways stunk like an old attic. Reception was very nice and courteous. The restaurant at breakfast was cold as they opened the windows on a chilly morning making it really hard to enjoy the meal (which was good). I was highly disappointment in the service at the pub!! I had to walk up to the bar several times to get service. Even when I did sit at the bar I was ignored and had to flag down staff who seemed busy, but preoccupied with another room.

Room Tip: We had a view of an ally.... I recommend asking for a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in the skellig last weekend it's been a long time since my last visit and I was delighted with the whole experience. We were met at reception by a lady named Sheila who welcomed us and showed us to a lovely lounge as our room wasn't ready. She personally came an got us 10 min later she chatted us to for a while and spoke so kindly to our daughter who was staying in the Gaeltacht and was spending the afternoon with us. Facilities were great . At breakfast the following am we were welcomed by Grainne and a lovely lady named mary who chatted to us about the area and gave us excellent service. The staff were fab the attention that every customer got in that restaurant last mon am was outstanding. Your staff are wonderful ambassador s for your hotel. Irish hospitality alive and well in the skellig hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary2516
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We typically stay in B&Bs but this time we decided to try the Dingle Skellig as I put up many clients here, those that want hotels over B&Bs.

The hotel was GREAT! Firstly, it's the first one you see as you enter the town so it's convenient for those who aren't familiar with Dingle. Driving through town can be confusing when you don't know the layout... no worries, pull down the driveway and you can walk from there, which we did.

Accommodations were top-notch and spacious and the staff is amazing. While we didn't use the pool, they do have a program for children that I wanted to check out but we were too busy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EnchantingIreland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was our first visit to this hotel, set on an exquisite peninsula in County Kerry. The town is lively and the hotel away above average in it's class. Built to a high standard with a breathtaking view of Dingle Bay, excellent dining room where breakfast is as fine as I have encountered ever. Overall performance of staff was superb. Swimming pool was no exception, I had forgotten my gear which was provided on loan without fee, it too is run impeccably, facilities themselves were flawless. Our deal was great value, which helps, but it is a pleasure to give this hotel our highest accolade.
A further detail, also on a positive note, large bottles of drinking water were provided on request for the bedroom, again without charge. I could go on.
Iarla Mongey Snr..

Room Tip: If you are elderly, do mention it, and a ground floor room will be provided if preferred
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple