“Perfect in every way!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Radcliff, Kentucky
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at Heaton's on April 4th. We loved it and can't wait to go back! The location is perfect, the rooms are spacious and comfortable with beautiful views of Dingle Bay, and the breakfast can't be beat! I was amazed at how quiet our room was and had a great night's sleep! David and the entire staff were so nice and accommodating! We especially recommend trying the porridge (my hubby practically licked his bowl clean!)

This was our first trip to Ireland and definitely won't be our last! Thanks for a great stay!
Christina and Dave Brown

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveandTina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was, hands down, our favorite place we stayed in during our two-week trip to Ireland. As soon as we walked into our room, we booked a second night. Dingle itself is gorgeous and this inn has beautiful views of the water and surrounding hills.

This place was recommended to us by a fellow American traveler who had stayed here just a couple of nights before we met. (Which is a really good way to learn about places to see and go!)

David greeted us and answered all questions during our stay. He was absolutely adorable, even more so because he seemed a bit shy.

The room was beautiful, the decorations were simple, classy, and comfortable. The breakfast room was very elegant and cheerful. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well during our stay but my companions assure me that the eggs benedict were some of the best they'd ever had. They also had a lovely spread of cheeses and fruit in addition to the items that were on the breakfast menu.

It was all just wonderful and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kinsale
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I stayed from 19th. to 21st. March 2014. Warm welcome late in the evening, total comfort in room and in the front lounge. Breakfast best we have had away from home, innovative extensive menu beautifully prepared and presented. Deserves best review.
Tony & Colette Boland.

ps don't think there was a swimming pool but checked a review of that in error and was unable to uncheck it.

Room Tip: sea facing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hospitality second to none. We done a fair amount of travels and the Irish hospitality is really second to none. Genuinely welcoming and warm- not just professional but truly special. The Heaton's Guesthouse is the highly of our trip that included stays at two 5 stars hotel reviewed separately. For one, a stay here is a bargain for what's included. The rooms and public spaces are immaculately clean. the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our friend had a single room which is spacious and more than enough room for two. We had a deluxe room that had a walk-out terrace that gave way to expansive views of the bay. Both the young Mr. Heaton and Mr Heaton senior were available for help and questions. Breakfast is the best of our trip. Much better than the four and five stars hotel restaurants. Eggs were fluffy and porridge was yummy!!!

We should have stayed longer. Next time for sure. Dingle is beautiful and Slea Head is spectacular. Be sure to visit Global Village for dinner. Excellent gourment dinner and a bargain with their pre-fixe menu options.

Room Tip: There's one deluxe room (2nd floor) with terrace. But you really can't go wrong- our friend...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThuanMTran9
Des Moines, Ia
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Nice location right on the bay. A little far front downtown. By far the largest room we had on our 3 week tour. Breakfast was good with good views from dining room. A good place to take a few days and see the peninsula.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently while visiting the Dingle International Film Festival. The Guest House is just about five minutes brisk walk along a well lit footpath from the town centre. I was able to park here and walk to and from town. It was great to look out on the river estuary with tide coming in and out. One of the best reasons for staying here is the fantastic breakfasts. I had met people who stayed here previously and they also commented on e breakfasts, so I just had to come and stay myself. I was not disappointed. If you plan to stay here also plan to take time over your breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and here you will have plenty to choose from. One morning I had the Mediterranean Omelette and the next I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. There are also the usual cereals which include two different home made muesli and a small selection of cheeses, fruit and yogurts. I will be staying here again later on in the year when I have to visit Dingle in the course of my work and then I intend to try one of the porridge choices.
The bedroom that we had overlooked the river estuary and if I had to make any complaint it would only be that it was just a little too warm, but then I could have turned off the radiator. Overall a very good experience, and will keep it on my list for future visits to Dingle.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel O
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Our favorite place in Ireland. The guest house is immaculate, the amenities up to date, the hosts wonderful and the gourmet breakfast is fit for royalty. Queen Victoria only stayed at Muckross two days she would have spent a week here!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple