“Great Value in Dingle”

Ranked #24 of 78 Dingle B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Value in Dingle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I was unable to book one of the more expensive B&B's in Dingle but was fortunate to book the Alpine Guesthouse. Close to everything but not noisy. Room was charming and the bathroom large. The host Paul was one of the friendliest folks I have met and wanted to make sure I had a good stay with helpful suggestions. Included breakfast was good. Really enjoyed walking the town and all the music in the pubs. One of my favorite places on my tour of Ireland.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BartLasVegas_Nevada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My friend and I stayed 2 nights here recently in Dingle. The location of the B&B was great and their breakfast in the morning was more than generous! Paul, the owner, was extremely gracious, helpful and a great source for recommendations in Dingle. The rooms were clean, large in size and the bathroom was a perfect size for two people. Based on our stay, I would highly recommend staying at Paul's B&B for your next trip to Dingle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tara K
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The central location and friendliness of the owner (Paul) were the highlights of this hotel. The rooms are quite small and tv is circa 1980. The bathroom is large and shower was hot. The rooms were very clean, dated furniture and decor. It is a good homebase if you need a place in dingle town, but it is pretty basic accommodation for a pretty hefty price (which is typical in Ireland). Wifi in room was spotty, signal strength was poor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lewisrotts
Kerry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here the weekend and dont have any really complaints except maybe for the price at €45 p.p its alot for this b&b as it badly needs redecoration. The rooms are very unmodern alot of old furniture but clean. The showers were not great and the bathrooms really need an update.

The breakfast was nice a great variety, the owners seemed lovely and friendly. To be honest I would stay here again but its nothing to write home about its a very average b&b taking advantage of the hotspot that Dingle is.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariekerry
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My friend and I spent a weekend in Dingle and fell in love with the Alpine Guesthouse. I originally was going to be staying by myself at the B&B, when my friend Shannon decided to join me Paul and Caroline were able to change my room easily. I was particularly impressed that the owners were willing to sign us up for a tour of the Slea Head Loop and everything went smoothly with that. The best breakfast I had at a B&B in Ireland was at the Alpine Guesthouse. You could order any combination of anything you wanted off the menu, including eggs with toast, bacon, sausage and a traditional Irish breakfast. The beds were also the most comfortable ones I experienced in Ireland. A wonderful place to stay that is close to town and will increase your overall love of Dingle. Thank you Caroline and Paul!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were very pleased with Alpine. The bed was so comfortable, and Tom, the Innkeeper, tries really hard to make your visit pleasant. I agree with the previous reviewer, the beds were the most comfortable of all the places we stayed. After 14 days of travel, my back was killing me, I finally had a good night sleep . My room was quite cozy. Wonderful breakfast. Love the eggs and smoked salmon & breakfast bar.

Room Tip: I was in room 25, and was very pleased. It isn't super fancy, but I slept well 2 nights in a row...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teri C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Alpine Guesthouse. The location is great and really close to everything, so you can pretty much walk anywhere around town. The rooms were clean and the bed was probably the most comfortable and cozy of all the places we've stayed in Ireland so far. The room was a bit cool, but the feather comfortable on the bed made up for that. Breakfasts were good and filling. We would easily stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple